Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Does slobbering ALWAYS mean teething?

DS has started to slobber a lot and blow bubbles all the time, but he has no other signs of teething (fever, unexplained fussiness, etc.), although he has started to suck on his hands a lot (I think that's just because he's figured out that he can).  He's only 2 months - I know it's possible for him to start teething at this point, however unlikely, but is there any other explanation for the sudden increase in drool?

Re: Does slobbering ALWAYS mean teething?

• Options
    Around two months, saliva glands start working more...unrelated to teething.
    imageimage
  • Options
    nope! I thought the same thing, but I think it's just a developmental thing around that age for both the slobbering and the hands-in-mouth-constantly!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    according to my maternity nursing book, saliva glands start functioning around 4 mths and is completely unrelated to teething.
  • Options
    DS has been doing the same thing since 2 months also and still has no teeth so I don't think it has anything to do with teething.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Nope my pedi said it isn't a sign of teething, that its normal at 2 months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    our ped. referred to it as an "oral phase"
  • Options

DS started this around 10 weeks.  Slobbering combined with GERD has created quite a bit of spit up/slobber in our house!

He was at the ped the other day and she checked his gums and said there is zero indication that there are any teeth; in fact.

• Options
    ds has been drooling like crazy since 2 mo., no teeth yet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"