Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Please help re:gripe water

My dd hates the taste but it seems to be the only thing to calm her tummy at night. It is such a struggle to try and get her to take a whole dose since you have to give 5mL. I have tried to give a partial dose but that doesnt seem to help her as much.  I ebf and I am open to any suggestions. TIA

Re: Please help re:gripe water

• Do you BF or bottle feed?  I believe you can mix it with the milk in the bottle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try switching to a gripe water that calls for a lower dose. I can usually get all of a dose of Little Tummies into my DS, if I aim carefully and work fast. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine didn't like it either... but you can just squirt it in with the dropper thing or give it to her through a nipple.  I would not mix gripe water in with milk.  I would be mad if she rejected the milk you work so hard to pump and I also don't know if is even supposed to be given like that... I've heard no.

• I EBF as well, but pump so DH can feed once in a while. It says on the box that you can mix it in, and I do b/c ds always spits it out otherwise. I try to give him a bottle each night b/c gripe water works best for him, too. The mylicon does not seem to help him as much. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"