Babies: 0 - 3 Months

NBR: I think I might have a UTI, help.

Ladies, I've never had a UTI, but I'm 99% sure that I have one now.  My symptoms match all listed on the Mayo Clinic website.  Is it something that usually needs to be treated ASAP, as in find an after hours clinic today?  Or is it not a big deal to wait until my drs office opens Monday?  FWIW, I slamming back the cranberry juice, though I'm not sure if it will help.

Thanks!

Re: NBR: I think I might have a UTI, help.

• It can probably wait till monday but I wouldn't wait much longer than that.
  • i'd get it treated today.  you don't want it to get worse.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would get some AZO from the store until Monday, to help with the irritation, but I would try to get in to the Dr ASAP Monday.
  • UTI should br treated asap. it can progress to something worse. (kidney infection maybe?? im not sure)

i would try and be seen today if possible especially if youre having any back pain.

• I would try and go to a urgent care clinic today as they can get you started on the meds for it. If they are left untreated, or even just waiting to be seen can move into your kidneys and create an infection. The cranberry juice usually helps me some, but doesn't get rid of the infection.
  • As it's Saturday afternoon, you may not have much luck, but I'd try to get an appt. ASAP. Make sure it's unsweetened 100% cranberry juice you're gulping down. Also, drink loads of water and cut back on sugar. If you don't have 100% unsweetened cranberry juice, many drug stores have cranberry pills.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"