2nd Trimester

What do you do to help acid reflux?

I am waiting for a call from the dr. but I am pretty sure I have acid reflux, what do you do or take to help it?

Re: What do you do to help acid reflux?

• ice milk for me. nothing really soothes it that ive found... :(
  • I have acid reflux.  I had it prepregnancy and not it's more frequent. 

1. Eat smaller meals more often so your tummy is never FULL.

2. Drink plenty of fluids, include plenty of milk as it is base and neutralizes some of the acid.

3. Try not too eat and then go lay down.  Your sure to have an episode.  Let Tums be your friend :-)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't found anything that really helps, but milk takes the edge off for me...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Zantac 75. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I've found eating yogurt or drinking a flat soda helps.  For some reason- with soda- if I can get one big belch out (I know, very ladylike), the reflux goes away. Can't explain it, just experience.
  • Mylanta tablets!!!!

I had severe heartburn with my last pregnancy and this was the only thing that helped.?

• ice cream! my m/w said its better to eat ice cream every day than take a pill. i was totally okay with that.
  • Milk and Tums
  • Mines so bad I throw up, even in my sleep. So my dr prescribed me something. She called it "the purple pill" Said its completely safe during pregnancy and it will do wonders. Im picking it up today. If you want to know the name so you can ask your dr PM me and Ill give you the name once I pick it up after DS nap
  • imageSymphonyGirl:
    Zantac 75. 

This and tums if it gets bad enough, sometimes it does.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Tums... They have been a Godsend because I dont want to use the Zantac or Pepcid even though my Doc said they were OK...
  • imageSymphonyGirl:
    Zantac 75. 
    This- and I also get it the generic Wal Mart or Target brand and both work just as well and are cheaper.
  • imageBinksMomma3016:
    Mines so bad I throw up, even in my sleep. So my dr prescribed me something. She called it "the purple pill" Said its completely safe during pregnancy and it will do wonders. Im picking it up today. If you want to know the name so you can ask your dr PM me and Ill give you the name once I pick it up after DS nap

It's either Nexium or Prilosec. I'm guessing since it's prescription it's the Nexium. I'm taking it now (I was taking it for reflux pre-pg but quit for the first few months during organ development). Prilosec was the original "purple pill" but now it's available OTC...and doesn't work 1/2 as well.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OMG I have the worst reflux.  So sorry you're getting it!!!  It sucks.

I've tried everything - prevacid, zantac, pepcid, milk, gas-x (who knows) and finally after having it for a solid month I got a prescription for Nexium.  It's supposed to be the best thing.  It's $$$ but I was able to get a voucher that will give me a discount on the co-pay for 6 months.

• imagekimilane:

imageBinksMomma3016:
    Mines so bad I throw up, even in my sleep. So my dr prescribed me something. She called it "the purple pill" Said its completely safe during pregnancy and it will do wonders. Im picking it up today. If you want to know the name so you can ask your dr PM me and Ill give you the name once I pick it up after DS nap

It's either Nexium or Prilosec. I'm guessing since it's prescription it's the Nexium. I'm taking it now (I was taking it for reflux pre-pg but quit for the first few months during organ development). Prilosec was the original "purple pill" but now it's available OTC...and doesn't work 1/2 as well.

What the OP is referring to is Nexium.  FYI - it takes 10 days to fully get into your system and work.  So don't expect it to work overnight.  I started taking mine on Friday and it's getting better each day. 

• imagekreeper611:
    imagekimilane:

imageBinksMomma3016:

What the OP is referring to is Nexium.  FYI - it takes 10 days to fully get into your system and work.  So don't expect it to work overnight.  I started taking mine on Friday and it's getting better each day. 

Hey ten days is better than 15 weeks right? LOL. I cant wait to try it!

• I have had acid reflux for years, I take Nexium and it works great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"