Trying to Get Pregnant

announcing baby??

Okay since we all have such a long time to think about baby before it comes... have you thought about how you will tell ppl.. husband, family and friends, that you are PG??

This is something I have thought about for a LONG time just because I can't wait for the moment to come.  Here are my ways of thinking.

For my husband, he is a farmer, so I just got online the other day at cafexpress and bought a bib that says my daddy is a farmer and it has a tractor on it.  I will give him this as a way of telling him.

For my inlaws I thought that I would put a BFP test in a plastic bag and attatch it to their collars.. we have two bulldogs so I will take two tests.  When we get to my inlaws the dogs are always so excited they run right up to them.  I thought that would be a cute way of telling them.

My parents are split so I thought for mom I would get her some GRAMcrackers...toy pilGRAMS...and other things that have the word grahm in them.. what else is there?

For dad I was going to to the same thing except with POPsicles and POPtarts and POPcorn... bundle them all up in a basket and see if he gets it!!

What are YOU ideas???  Or actual announcements you made already?

Re: announcing baby??

• For my inlaws I thought that I would put a BFP test in a plastic bag and attatch it to their collars..

This made me laugh.

• For my husband, I just woke him up and asked him to come help me see if there was a line. When he came in the bathroom, I showed him the digital.

For my Mom, I gave her a baby picture frame with a picture of a rattle and "Save the Date: December 13, 2009" on it. For the ILs, we bought a Grateful Dead onesie to give them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • The only one I've "planned" is DH.  I bought a maternity shirt that says "Knocked Up" on it...I plan to have it on and not say anything, just let him notice me wearing it.  Everyone else we'll probably just tell :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrs. BZ:

For my inlaws I thought that I would put a BFP test in a plastic bag and attatch it to their collars..

This made me laugh.

hehehe

• imageMrs. BZ:

For my inlaws I thought that I would put a BFP test in a plastic bag and attatch it to their collars..

This made me laugh.

I was just about to post the same thing. It just put an interesting mental picture in my head!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• I love your ideas for your parents.  I might have to steal them.  I was going to tell DH in a similiar way.  I saw a little onsie that said "My dad can arrest your dad."  Its perfect since DH is a deputy sheriff.  I was just thinking of ordering it and hiding it until the time comes, but I'm wondering if I should just wait.  I don't want to jinx myself!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't thought of how I'm going to tell our families, just that I'm a bit afraid to tell my Mother and Father when it comes to it.  DH parents will be excited as grandparents could be..
  • For me, DH wants to be with me when I POAS so we'll find out together.  For the grandparents, I thought I would buy picture frames that say something cute about Grandparents.  Not sure, but maybe put a picture of the HPT in it. 

Can't wait for that moment!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • For DH I think I will get him a World of Warcraft onesis and give it to him since he is such a big gamer

For my parents I plan on getting a grandparents picture frame and giving them that.... ILs I think we will just tell they are not happy with us wanting to have a baby right now so they dont get anything special.

• I haven't come up with a clever way to tell DH. He most likely will be there.
  • I really like how you are going to tell your dad.  I may have to steal the idea...
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I like your idea of giving your DH the onesie.  Which made me look online and find one for my DH.. and this is what I came up with

https://www.cafepress.com/clevercuties.153439918

I thought that was adorable.  Or anything computer like since my DH is in IT.

• Those ideas aren't bad, except for the pregnany test one.  I'm not sure I would ever be thrilled to have someone give me something they had peed on, no matter what the result was.  Kinda gross if you ask me.

I do like the POP idea though...
    BFP July 11, 2009 ~ C/P July 15, 2009
    BFP 11/25/2009 ~ Blighted Ovum Discovered 12/10/2009 ~ Natural M/C 12/24/2009
    BFP 3/29/2010 ~ EDD 11/25/2010

Sawyer Marshall ~ November 16, 2010
  • My sister just brought a picture of her first ultrasound to tell my parents the first time she was pg, and I would want to be more creative than that. I might make some kind of scrapbook page for them with the due date on it, similar to the save the date idea because my mom is big into scrapbooking. Same think for mother in law...everyone else I think we would just tell.

As for DH, I think I would be too excited to do anything fancy- I'd probably just not tell him I tested and leave BFP test in the bathroom for him to see with some kind of little sign saying "ETA on our little stuckling is [insert due date]" Stuckling is an inside joke- The first part of our last name starts with "stuck", so instead of ducklings we get stucklings Smile

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• imageMissyC979:

For my Mom, I gave her a baby picture frame with a picture of a rattle and "Save the Date: December 13, 2009" on it.

This is very cute, I would use this for my ILs!  My parents live overseas, so we would just tell them on Skype, unless they were planning a visit.  I wouldn't be able to wait to tell DH, I would wake him up after testing and just tell him.

No one will be given or shown the test, no way!

• Well my DD wasn't planned so that was a tearful discussion with DH.  For this one I plan on writing on the shower walls with DD's bath crayons something like, congratulations Daddy...again.  For our parents and siblings, I just bought a big sister tee for DD and we'll see how long it takes for them to notice.
  • I always wanted to do one of the priceless AMEX commercials. Get a hinged frame and one side would be a picture of me and DH and the other side do something on the computer like "Digital camera $150, photo printing $3, Realizing that there are 3 people in this photo -Priceless"
  • Good ones...greatful dead fans ?
  • LOVE the Amex commercial idea!!! Will definately steal that when I get KU!!
  • My bib just came the other day. Dh walked in with the package from the mail so I grabbed it and stuffed it in my dresser...I told him it was for xmas.
  • I'll probably just tell my H, I'm not sure if I'll do anything special.

For my parents and MIL I plan to go to a little pottery shop near me where you can paint your own pottery. I want to paint Grandma/pa on one side of the mug and Baby McG-- Est. Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter 20??. I'll get my mom tea, my dad and MIL coffee and give it to them with their mug. I'm not sure about my FIL, or my H's ex-step dad (who pretty much raised him with his mom).

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Okay maybe I will give them two unused and color the lines heeeee
    imageEmmaBrooke:
    Those ideas aren't bad, except for the pregnany test one.  I'm not sure I would ever be thrilled to have someone give me something they had peed on, no matter what the result was.  Kinda gross if you ask me.

I do like the POP idea though...
  • For DH I want to put a "Big Brother" shirt on my furbaby....but I have a feeling I won't be able to resist running out with the pee stick in my hand to show him.

For our parents I am going to a place that makes wine labels and have an u/s pic with "Grandparents Reserve - *due date*" on them. For their gifts at our rehearsal dinner we gave them wine that said "Young Manor" (our last name) and our wedding date so I think it'll be cool to follow the same idea.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageprincess48533:
    I always wanted to do one of the priceless AMEX commercials. Get a hinged frame and one side would be a picture of me and DH and the other side do something on the computer like "Digital camera $150, photo printing $3, Realizing that there are 3 people in this photo -Priceless"

I love it!  You are creative!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Those are great ideas!!!
    2 m/c's before DS, 3 m/c's post DS (Jan '12, March'12, May '12) image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my sister told me in a cute way so i'll share that story first.

i had just been gone for a month in spain, while i was gone they got a fancy new computer. i went to their house just a few days after i got home and was checking out their new computer.... i was just exploring it forever! Finally, my BIL wanted to show me the desktop... and the desktop pic was a picture of the positive preg test. It was cute.

I plan to tell my family by buying a shirt for my nephew that says "I'm the Big Cousin" during a family gathering.

I'll probably just tell my MIL, I actually plan to tell her fairly early on (I'm closer to her than my own mom), I could use her support in the early days.

Not sure yet about DH, guess it depends on how long it takes us... 

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  •  My husband and I are TTC by the end of the  year so we can announce at Christmas "Oh, we got you a present but you'll have to wait 9 months for it to get here"

I think when I find out I am pregnant, and I want to tell him, I might steal a couple of VERY cliche cheesy ideas from an old episode of "Full House" - its always stayed in my head LOL - where Becky tells Jesse she's pregnant and she makes BABY corn, BABY shrimp, and BABY back ribs. I am not sure yet what I'll do....

Also, another idea is that when we find out we are expecting we will get print outs of the ultrasound, go get custom frames from Michaels. Around the outside of the frame we will put "Baby Martinez" on the top and "Due **/**/****" on the bottom and put the ultrasound pic inside the frame. These would be for the grandparents and aunts and uncles.

Once we figure out the gender of the baby we are doing one of three things:

Either decorating the room walls in the color we have chosen (Purple for our girl and Cubbies Blue for our boy) and we will purchase wooden letters from Michaels. Those will be decorated and hung on the wall of the nursery, then we will bring in all the grandparents with their eyes closed and then when everyone opens their eyes they will all see TOGETHER what we are having.

or idea number 2 is that we will wrap up a football or a plush pink baby doll and when we find out what it is in the ultrasound, it will be just myself and my husband in the room and we will walk out and toss the presents to people to open and see.

*The presents also might contain those letters I mentioned and they will have to spell out the names to figure out what it is. havent figured that part out yet but I want to be creative*

idea three - Make a PURPLE shirt that says Gianna Kathryn *our girls name* and a blue one that says Connor Charles *our boys name*. then whatever the gender is, come out wearing the t shirt that is appropriate. (HAHA and I have heard it being joked about that if i end up with boy girl twins which one do i wear - I cut them both in half and ask the doctor for tape LOL)

• I told DH by walking by a training class he was teaching and giving him the thumbs up sign. I think he got a little faint.

My mom, I called about five minutes after that, and she said she was busy as I was telling her, so she said she would call me right back. Then she called back and started telling me all the things I was no longer allowed to do.

The ILs we told while we were showing them all room our new Town & Country has. DH pointed out how the middle row seats can turn and face the third row, so that a baby can face me in its car seat if I sit in the third row. It took them a while to figure out why that was so important to them.

• I was going to get a t shirt for our pug that said "I'm going to be a big brother" for the ILs but couldn't find one in time.
  • I've only thought about how to tell DH.  He's always walking around making jokes about "practice, we're talking about practice."  It's from some stupid ESPN basketball interview or something and he thinks it's so funny.  So when I start clutching on him he starts making jokes about practice.  So I found a shirt on cafepress that says "practice makes pregnant."  I'm thinking I will wear that to bed or be wearing that when he gets home.  I think he would find that cute.  But who knows how it will actually end up happening. 
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • I bought 2 pink flowers and 2 blue flowers and gave one of each to my mother and MIL.  My MIL had done the same thing when she was pregnant with DH so I had always wanted to continue that tradition.
  • I have a onsie that says "wish granted" for dh, though I think I'll just run and jump on top of with the stick or he'll hear me faint and run to get me.

For the parents & my SIL I really want everyone together in a picture and then tell them to say "I'm Pregnant" or something. I ALWAYS take so many family pics that this would just be so classic of me. Now I must remember to put it on continuous shot so I get a ton of pics. We're all really close so they would all find out at the same time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Thank you IVF for our little miracles!!
  • imagepiecesofflare:

imageEmmaBrooke:
    Those ideas aren't bad, except for the pregnany test one.  I'm not sure I would ever be thrilled to have someone give me something they had peed on, no matter what the result was.  Kinda gross if you ask me.

Oh my God, exactly what I was thinking.

I was thinking this too.  Pee sticks attached to dog collars. Ew..

• imageMrs. BZ:

This made me laugh.

• imageMrs. BZ:

This made me laugh.

• "Get a hinged frame and one side would be a picture of me and DH and the other side do something on the computer like "Digital camera $150, photo printing $3, Realizing that there are 3 people in this photo -Priceless"

OMG princess48533. that is perfect!  I hope you don't mind, but I am so stealing that to tell our parents!! 

I didn't make it to the grand plans to tell DH.  I tested last Saturday, and he was home, and it was hard to hide the fact that I was sobbing uncontrollably (happy tears!), so I just kind of blurted it out to him.  I told my two best friends in a basic way.  Everyone knows we were trying for the past 11 months, so it's not a big surprise.  We actually went out to "happy hour" with some old coworkers last night, and one of them asked me if I wanted a drink.  She went right to "why are you drinking water.  Wait, are you pregnant?  Oh my God, you are!!"  I never said a word.  lol.

I'm really looking forward to telling our parents though, so thank you for your idea, it's so great!

• Personally, DH and I found out shortly after the New Year, so I bought a bunch of frames, found baby-themed paper, and wrote on the paper "This frame is to hold a picture of your new grandchild" or "your neice/nephew" or "great grandchild" and so on, depending on who we wanted to give the frames to. Then, I shipped some of them, wrapped, to family across the country with a note saying that a Christmas gift had arrived late, then we visited my parents and the IL, and gave them the frames with the same excuse of a late Christmas present. It went over really well and many family members have been putting my belly progress pictures in the frames until our little one is actually born.
  • This idea is priceless!! I absolutely LOVE it!! So cute!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  •  My parents are yachters and DH's are cottagers so we're planning on giving them each gifts of baby sized life jackets to unwrap with a note that says "you'll need this next summer when we come to visit!". (Hopefully it works out that we can give them to them this fall/winter).

As for DH himself... we've already agreed on boys names because we love our family names, but we're LOST for girl names and we talk about it often. I'm planning on taking him out for dinner, and giving him a wrapped up baby name book with the girls names I like highlighted or something. The thing about this idea is, I give him wrapped up C.D's all the time at dinners for no reason and I found a baby name book thats the same size. He'll assume its another new C.D until he opens it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageRileyGrace:
    I've only thought about how to tell DH.  He's always walking around making jokes about "practice, we're talking about practice."  It's from some stupid ESPN basketball interview or something and he thinks it's so funny.  So when I start clutching on him he starts making jokes about practice.  So I found a shirt on cafepress that says "practice makes pregnant."  I'm thinking I will wear that to bed or be wearing that when he gets home.  I think he would find that cute.  But who knows how it will actually end up happening. 

hahahaha, my DH quotes that all the time. Allen Iverson said it when there was a controversy between him and his coach about missing practice, and DH is a huge Iverson fan. he has made some jokes since we started TTC about 'practice' lol

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"