3rd Trimester

This got me thinking....who isn't having sex?

Once a week? That got me wondering.....who isn't or hasn't in a while?

For me and dh it has been a couple months, due to a tipped uterus which makes it very painful with all this added weight and pressure on the bottom of it. And a big fricken belly.....

Just wondered who else has to wait for their lo to come before "loving" their husbands again??

My beautiful redhead Lily Anne (3.5yrs)

Re: This got me thinking....who isn't having sex?

• We have it once or twice a week, depending on if it's painful for me or not.  Seems to be hit or miss at this point.

And FWIW, your ute isn't tilted anymore this far along.

• We haven't since the sex we had to conceive!
  • Loading the player...
  • Our frequency has been declining.. Last time I think it was two weeks ago.
  • Soap1Soap1 member

It has been REALLY varied for us.  That supposed 2nd trimester libido boost never showed up.  I had the opposite!  During 2nd tri it was about twice a month.

Now we're at about once a week or so (and I imagine it will get even less frequent), and pre-pregnancy we were 5-6 times a week!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Me, me, me!! Poor DH hasn't gotten any in a long while! He hasn't complained one though... ::Good DH::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we still are! More often than before BFP.  Making up for what will undoubtedly be a long 6 weeks PP!
  • My DH is very wonderful about pushing me in any sort of way in regards to this, in fact he's wonderful about it. It's been a while and that's all I will say lol.

?Love my DH!! We are both looking forward to 6 weeks pp!?

• its sparse now... and last night i asked him whats up and he said he didnt wanna hurt me im all pregnant. lolll ive had a back nerve pinch in my leg.. but i told him, trust me hunny.. u will not hurt me.. im good to go :P
    imageimageimage
  • We were not for a long time because of all the pre-term labor issues I was having. But, now that I've made it this far, the Doctor has relaxed the restrictions a bit.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We haven't for awhile.... probably won't until after baby is born. Last time we did, the baby was moving and it freaked us both out... like someone is was "in the room" Big Smile
  • We haven't in about 3 weeks and will not until after the baby's born. ?DH is a bit freaked out since the baby turned lol.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Me!  It's horrible when we try to have sex.  I'm so gross and huge and stretchy.  Not to mention the force of him on me is so not even close to being pleasurable.  I told him I'd give him a BJ in the shower this weekend.
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • We have had sex since I got my BFP.....during the first tri, I was just too darn sick to, the second tri I was too exhausted, and I am getting ready to enter the third tri so we'll see.

• once or twice a week?  We've been averaging once or twice a trimester...
  • We were barely ever doing it, but now we're trying to get LO to make his entrance so we've upped it to a couple times a week, but it is not fun for me at all.  If I wasn't trying to avoid a c/s next week, I would be completely abstinent at this point! (only way doc will "let" me deliver vaginally is if I go into labor by the weekend!)
  • I've been on pelvic rest since I got out of the hospital a few weeks ago, but it was like a month before that...Yikes...

• Hmmm... I almost hate to admit it on this board because I feel like it's almost like saying, "I don't have any stretch marks!" and "I've only gained 5 pounds!" But.... I am having a lot of really amazing sex. We're working around this belly in ways I never imagined. Smile

• sam19sam19 member

We do it maybe two/three times a month. H is getting good at taking care of himself. I'm just not really in the mood and only a few positions work for me.

He's also doesn't get any 'extras' from me except on rare occasions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • We were at once a week (twice on a good week) until we hit a 2 week dry spell that we just ended Sunday night.  I figure I'll try to not hit another dry spell since there will be a long one after delivery.  The sex isn't amazing for me at this point - but I love being close to DH.
  • It is so uncomfortable for me now, it really hurts. We probably have sex once every 2 weeks, I can't wait until 6 weeks pp, but that seems sooooo far away.
  • We're having it maybe once a week... because DH is kinda not wanting to since the doctor said I'm 2cm dilated. He just can't get over the idea of going too close to the baby. Hahaha, poor guy! He said 'now that the "door" is open it feels weird' Stick out tongue
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were at once a week until my last month.  The last time we had sex was about 10 days ago and I think that will be it until I'm given my postpartum go-ahead. I'm just too uncomfortable now.  My DH understands and was actually surprised that I jumped him that last time.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • 3x since we conceived... ugh.
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• t.birdt.bird member
    we have meritals when i allow it- it's been a couple weeks though because i'd rather sleep than get down to business
  • we're not. i feel so gigantic and unattractive, so it's hard to get in the mood.
  • DH doesnt want to. He think he's poking the baby in the head or having sex in the same room as the baby. weirdo.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Maybe once or twice a week. Sometimes I'm not even in the mood but I do it for DH. Actually, 95% of the time I'm not in the mood. My nipples feel too sensitive, so I don't want him touching them... I'm big and uncomfortable... I'm tired... lol sex is just not up there on my to-do list.
  • imagethatgirlang:

Hmmm... I almost hate to admit it on this board because I feel like it's almost like saying, "I don't have any stretch marks!" and "I've only gained 5 pounds!" But.... I am having a lot of really amazing sex. We're working around this belly in ways I never imagined. Smile

I'm jealous ang, I REALLY am Super Angry

• We haven't done it in ages.  It sucks to wait, but it is just way too uncomfortable for me.  The last time we did it I did not enjoy it at all.

BEFORE pregnancy we did it once or twice a week and I thought that was pretty good.  Embarrassed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • its been pretty regular this whole pregnancy. except last night we finally broke a 2 week dry spell. yay meStick out tongue
  • we stopped several months ago (about 3) b/c of some bleeding and it just freaked both of us out.. not to mention my hubby still thinks he can "poke" it.

so no, he's pretty satisfied with his weekly... ummm.. you know.  I try not to leave him hanging too long. 

I miss it a little, but not enough to ask for it.

• imagethatgirlang:

Hmmm... I almost hate to admit it on this board because I feel like it's almost like saying, "I don't have any stretch marks!" and "I've only gained 5 pounds!" But.... I am having a lot of really amazing sex. We're working around this belly in ways I never imagined. Smile

This. We slowed down for a few weeks, but now we're kind of scrambling to get as much in before the PP-imposed dry spell.

• Once I was cleared off of bed rest/pelvic rest, we made up for lost time. Even with the belly & the "Hey guys, I'm in here!" kicking during the deed, we've both been quite content with 3-4x a week. :)
    Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Less than before we got pregnant, but probably about once a week.  Sometimes we go two weeks, but that's because we've been really busy, or one of us is sick or something.  Sometimes we make an effort just because we know the 6 weeks PP are going to be LONG.
  • that last time we had sex was on our anniversary and i guess my cervix is too sensitive because it was a bloody mess that sent us to L&D so needless to say we havent since and we are going nuts.  
  • KadyraKadyra member
    The last time we did was at 19 weeks, the night before I was rear-ended.  Prior to that, we did maybe every month or so.  I had hyperemesis so.... I was not in the mood.  Now, I've been on pelvic rest since 25w6d.  My ob said maybe I'd come off that at 34 weeks, but I've had a little PTL as of last week and am dilated to 1cm.  So it's doubtful.  I have been in the mood... so it's hard. DH says that it will make the 6 weeks after LO comes better.  I'm being induced at 36 weeks, so it's not too much longer.  Theoretically.
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I'm not!  My DuH decided he didn't want to be married any more when I was seven months pregnant...  So I haven't gotten any since May...
  • imageMrsL1012:
    once or twice a week?  We've been averaging once or twice a trimester...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMrsL1012:
    once or twice a week?  We've been averaging once or twice a trimester...

Stupid computer....but anyway, this! Planning to get back on track when LO shows up. I've just been too Meh lately.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We hadn't for about 2 1/2 months but then we did the deed on Sunday night...FABULOUS times!  Now we're getting together more often since we want to trigger some labor pains :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"