Baby Showers

How would you react to this favor?

a cute small chinese takeout box in plaid baby blue, yellow, green filled with 10 hershey kisses (box about half full) with a thank you tag tied to it with a matching ribbon...

acceptable or cheap?

(shower is 3 hours with finger sandwiches, salads, fruit, punch, water, cake and cookies)

Re: How would you react to this favor?

• rapst1rapst1 member
    I don't see anything wrong with this favor...I don't think you have to do anything ellaborate.  Maybe do centerpieces you can give away. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • TOTALLY fine!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's cute!  You can also personalize the hershey kiss wrappers... https://www.customcandybarwrapper.com/kisses.htm 

• I think it's perfect!!!
  • I think it sounds cute!
  • Totally acceptable - but I don't live in an area where favors are much more than tulle wrapped mints...
    TTC since 2005. DS via IVF - 02/10 Baby #2 - due 10/16/11
  • Very acceptable!!

Almost sounds like my favors. We are putting a little bit of colorful shredded paper in the bottom and then the hershey kisses. And a sticker on the top to complete it.

We've been looking around for the hershey kiss wrapped with blue foil that says "it's a boy" the only place we found it was at Party City for $5 a bag. It's a little more than what my hostess wants to spend so we are going with either plain Hershey Kisses or there is another that is wrapped in blue foil that is white chocolate she may get. It all comes down to cost.

The favor boxes and the shredded paper were both purchased at the dollar tree!! 

• imagemani_and_me:

Very acceptable!!

Almost sounds like my favors. We are putting a little bit of colorful shredded paper in the bottom and then the hershey kisses. And a sticker on the top to complete it.

We've been looking around for the hershey kiss wrapped with blue foil that says "it's a boy" the only place we found it was at Party City for $5 a bag. It's a little more than what my hostess wants to spend so we are going with either plain Hershey Kisses or there is another that is wrapped in blue foil that is white chocolate she may get. It all comes down to cost.

Yup, yup, yup! Those are my boxes too! :) Didn't think of the shredded paper though - oh well. And I got the blue Hershey kisses which are COOKIES N CREAM and very tasty! I got two huge bags at wal-mart for like $4 a bag -enough for 25 boxes (because I ate some!).

• Very cute- not cheap.  I think it's better to have favors be consumable rather than goodwill-able.
  • Totally acceptable. Sounds cute!
  • To me that's a typical shower gift.  I love consumables!  I can't stand stuff that isn't either edible or useful and just sits there on my bookshelf collecting dust.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sounds cute. 
  • imagekmtfu:
    imagemani_and_me:

Very acceptable!!

Yup, yup, yup! Those are my boxes too! :) Didn't think of the shredded paper though - oh well. And I got the blue Hershey kisses which are COOKIES N CREAM and very tasty! I got two huge bags at wal-mart for like $4 a bag -enough for 25 boxes (because I ate some!).

LOL that you ate some!! If I was filling them, I probably would eat some too hehe!! We so have the same favors!!

I think they will go over great with the guests!! Have fun at your shower!!

• I like it, I think it sounds cute as well.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Sounds cute to me.  I didn't even know they did favors until my sister did some at my shower.  Wink
  • imageHarms80:
    Very cute- not cheap.  I think it's better to have favors be consumable rather than goodwill-able.

Absolutely!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do you feel it sounds cheap? I think that for the most part everybody likes it!
  • ive only been to one shower where i got a favor, so that sounds fine to me.
  • I gotta admit i'd think it was kinda cheap.  Only because of the half full thing.  Maybe you could find some other inexpensive candy to actually fill them up. 
  • I agree that they shouldn't "look" half full...so put some shredded paper in the bottom.

To the pp that liked the blue foiled with the "It's a Boy" wrappers that are expensive...you could always add some silver (plain) ones to them...just mix in a few of the more expensive ones.

Edible favors are my favorites!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"