2nd Trimester

Forgot...Big ultra sound.

I have my u/s on Monday and I can't remember what was said about the amount of water to drink or if I could even eat. I'm sure I can eat but can't go to the bathroom? Oh gee, pregnancy brain is not cool.

Re: Forgot...Big ultra sound.

• The U/S tech told me to empty my bladder when I got there. I don't think your bladder has to be full when you're this far along.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I drank a 16oz bottle of water and an 8 oz orange juice.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was allowed to do everything as normal. They wanted my bladder empty, which made me very happy.
  • mine had me empty mine before. 
  • I was told that I could eat, but try not to pee before going because having a full bladder makes it easier to see LO. It is ahrd to hold it, but try if you can!
  • It depends on your U/S type and the techs preferences.  I was told I needed to drink 32oz before my appointment.  So not looking forward to that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would call your dr office and ask. My office wants me to drink I think 32 oz of water an hour before the u/s, and to have a full bladder. Some want you to have an empty bladder.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YayMomYayMom member
    I think it depends on your doctor. I usually have to pee for the doctor right before my ultrasounds anyway. Mine also advised me not to eat or drink anything that could get my little one too hyper because she would not be able to get off a good picture. I drank some chocolate milk for breakfast and had some dry cereal and my boy moved around just enough to get different angles, but he also was calm enough to sit still while she took the pictures. That's just my doctors opinion though, yours could be different.
  • Call them and ask.  It's different everywhere.  I didn't have to drink anything before I went, I got to pee when I wanted to.  Three pregnancies and I've never once been asked to drink water before hand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It depends on the Dr's office and what equipment they have.  I was told to drink 16 oz an hour before appt and NOT to pee before the appt.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • In the earlier stages you need a full bladder b/c they use it as a point of reference.  By now they should have no problem finding the baby!  You only need to have enough for the urinalysis.
  • I Just drank a bottle of water and a cup of juice.  I needed to go to the bathroom when i was there so i asked if i could before the u/s and they told me no, try to hold it.
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
    Olivia- Due December 24th
  • My tech told me full bladder for the first part of the ultrasound then she let me go pee after she was able to do whatever she needed with my full baldder. I was able to eat normally :)
  • I had mine yesterday and was told to drink 16 oz of water an hour before and not go to the bathroom before. She said they need your bladder full if your less than 30 weeks.

Sounds like there is alot of different answes though....so I'd just call and ask.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"