2nd Trimester

Grayson for a girl or a boy?

What about when paired with the middle name Riley?

Both names have special significance for us.  But maybe for a girl, the middle name should be more girly?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Grayson for a girl or a boy?

• Grayson is NOT a girl name in my opinion.  Especially when paired with a unisex name.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Definitely not a girls name
  • Loading the player...
  • imageeasjer05:
    Grayson is NOT a girl name in my opinion.  Especially when paired with a unisex name.

Ditto.

• My friend's DD is named Gracin and they call her Grace for short.  I thought is was a really cute name.

Edit: I also reallly like boys names for girls.  Ryan, Dylan...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You could go with either!  If you like it-go for it!  Who cares what other people think.  I told my class the list of names that we like and I had someone tell me that they did not like Oliver.  Thanks-I really could care less what you do and do not like!  I am thinking about not saying what our list contains any longer....
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have only met little boys named Grayson but that's not to say that you can't change the trend! =) If you like the way Grayson sounds, why not use Grace for a girl (1st or middle name). Just a thought! =)
  • I agree with most people and will say it's not a girl's name...
  • ibisibis member
    I definitely missed the "Grayson is a girl's name" memo. Doesn't matter how you change the spelling, it doesn't not sound unisex to me.
  • I only know of a girl named Grayson, and I love the name for either. I also have only known girls named Riley, so IMO they are fine together.
  • Grayson is certainly a boy name...and actually one I have been thinking about as well. So, it's a great name! We have two Riley's that live on our street, one is a girl and one is a boy. Grace is very pretty for a middle name.
  • The first person I met with that name was a girl, but it was spelled Gracin. I didn't hear it as a boys name until several years later. If you like it for a girl then go for it!
  • I say no for girl.  I love it though
  • Def. a boy's name imo.
  • I think of Grayson as a boy's name but I did see it once as a girl's name. They spelled it Gracyn.?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • I say go for it! Its all a matter of your preference....if you like it then make it happen! Good luck!
  • I can see it going either way.  However, I might change the spelling for a girl.
  • naflmjnaflmj member
    Boy!
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• I only know little girls named this.  2 in fact.
  • imagesdc06:
    I think of Grayson as a boy's name but I did see it once as a girl's name. They spelled it Gracyn.

I think more for a boy, however I also like it spelt this way for a girl.  Our little girl will have the middle name as Riley.  I think it's nice.

• I like it!  But I think for a girl I would spell it Gracen.
  • Definitely NOT a girls name.  Cute for a boy though.
  • I'm a big fan of Grayson for a boy....and a girl!  I'm sure I'm in the minority, but DD's name is Parker and if this LO is a girl she will be Rowan, which are both totally boy names.  I say if you like it do it!  There are a lot of people on the bump who HATE unisex names. 
  • i think it's a boys name. what about riley grace for a girl?
  • MSC03MSC03 member
    It's a boy name for sure.
    imageimage
  • imagecandy_mandy85:
    Definitely not a girls name

Agreed.

• There is a little girl at my school whose name is Graysen.  There is also a Gracelyn.
  • I would do Grayson for a boy and Riley for a girl. You could flip the middle names for each if you are dead set on using those 2 names. So Riley Grayson or Grayson Riley.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickersBabyFruit Ticker
  • imageeasjer05:
    Grayson is NOT a girl name in my opinion.  Especially when paired with a unisex name.

this

• I cant imagine it for a girl although we are using either Grayden, Graydon, or Grayson as the middle name for our DS so maybe I'm biased.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"