2nd Trimester

What did you register for but know you won't get?

Did you register for items - maybe on the more expensive side, maybe just unusual - that you figure you probably won't get but added just in case?

I'm wondering what everyone's registeries include, some big ticket items or all just smaller stuff? And what tends to be bought for baby showers.

Re: What did you register for but know you won't get?

• We registered for a $400 mixer for our wedding and I KNEW that we wouldn't get it! But added it for the fun of it! Well we did get it so you never know!
  • i'm going to guess that i won't get the breast pump i registered for.   it's the most expensive thing on my registry and honestly it's probably a weird gift to give, i don't think i'd ever give anyone one, lol!
  • Loading the player...
  • $270 stroller.  I'll get it but only because we'll be buying it ourselves.  People around here don't spend that much.

H's cousin is due in October.  So far, over $1700 worth of stuff has been bought off of her registry.  And that is only for maybe 6 or 7 items.  To me, that is nuts!  I don't have near $1700 worth of stuff on my registry.

• We registered for larger ticket items knowing that we more than likely will not be getting them. We did it so we can get the discount.
    Harli Grace born 10/22/09 at 38 weeks - 6lbs 1oz www.ourmadbaby.blogspot.com
  • imagejessiecow:
    i'm going to guess that i won't get the breast pump i registered for.   it's the most expensive thing on my registry and honestly it's probably a weird gift to give, i don't think i'd ever give anyone one, lol!

Same here!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't put anything over $200 on our registry. We got all of our big ticket items - PNP, carseat, high chair, etc.

I wouldn't put things like a breast pump on there for 2 reasons - I don't really want people spending that much on me and I don't want to get that in front of everyone at the shower.

If you want big ticket items, you can add them AFTER your shower and still get the completion discount on them. You don't have to have them on your registry from the very beginning. I added a couple expensive items and a few personal items (nipple/breast care items and pumping supplies) after the shower was over and paid for them myself with returns for duplicate items, coupons and a little cash.

• nealblnealbl member
    I am assuming I won't get the 379.00 breast pump.... But who knows
  • I dont see any reason to not put big ticket items or a breast pump on your registry. It just another item everyone knows you need if you are breast feeding. The registry is not to make people get the most expensive thing but its more to give them an idea of what you still need. I always use registries when I go to a wedding, or a babyshower. :)
  • imagejessiecow:
    i'm going to guess that i won't get the breast pump i registered for.   it's the most expensive thing on my registry and honestly it's probably a weird gift to give, i don't think i'd ever give anyone one, lol!

Same here! My breast pump is $279. I put it on just in case anyone wants to combine for a bigger "practical" gift, but I imagine we'll buy it ourselves.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There's a bunch of things I probably won't get for my shower, but I registered for them just in case.
  • We've got a few things on our registry that I would suspect won't be bought unless it's from my mother (or grandparents, maybe): Stroller ($669), breast pump ($330), Pack & Play ($189). 

But, you never know because for our wedding, people chipped in for some larger items and grandma surprised us with purchasing the Kitchen Aid mixer.  If we don't get it, at least we can get it with the completion coupon at a discount. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Initially, I didn't want to put big ticket items on my registyr, but I've been convinced otherwise.  I won't be surprised if folk don't purchase the big ticket items.  I can use my completion coupon along with any gift cards I may get to purchase those expensive items. 

• cerad5cerad5 member

imagebeckypooh03@yahoo.com:
    We registered for a $400 mixer for our wedding and I KNEW that we wouldn't get it! But added it for the fun of it! Well we did get it so you never know!

This...you never know.?

DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• With my DD we registered for one of the entire Graco sets. Listed individually cause we figured we'd never get all of it...Then my dad bought the whole set plus the crib and mattress we registered for...So you never know...lol. I think he was excited about his first grandbaby.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • The most expensive thing we put on was the breast pump, and only did so because my MIL said she'd buy it for us, and I wanted her to get the right kind.  when we did our registry, we only had 40 things, and the lady at babies r us told us it was too small of a registry.  I couldn't think of anything else to put on it though!! I've got a good mix of inexpensive items, and things around $40 or so. A few bigger things like a carseat and pack n play, but that's about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"