Success after IF

Anyone here do IVIG/Intralipids?

We had our IVF consult yesterday, and will likely be doing our first cycle in late September.  One of the things that has shown up in my RPL testing is slightly abnormal natural killer cell activity, and one positive APA.  My clinic has done a lot of research on Intralipids (used to be IVIG - they recently switched) to help suppress NK cells.  My RE doesn't think I have to have it, but I want to try it, especially since it is safe.  I'm having a hard time believing that all of my c/p's were due to bad eggs at my age (31-33).  We will also probably add Lovenox for the APA. 

Has anyone else tried IVIG or Intralipids and had success?  I know it's not widely known, so just curious.

Thanks ladies!

TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone here do IVIG/Intralipids?

• Thanks for your reply!  Yes, they say Intralipids is only like $50, but the transfusion is around $500....but still way cheaper than IVIG. 

Did you also do Lovenox for the APA?  That is really the only thing I worry about.  Like if I were to get in a car accident and bleed.  But, I will probably take the chance.  I think my RE said I'd only need to be on it thru 10 wks pg.

TTC #1 since 6/07, Dx = Ovulatory dysfunction, DOR, and autoimmune issues ~ 4 Clomid cycles, 1 Femara Cycle, 6 Injectible IUI cycles~ 4 Chemical PG's ~ IVF #1 Dec '09 = BFP!! Beta 8dp3dt = 68 10dp3dt = 276 16dp3dt = 1511 ~ First U/S 1/14 = 3 Heartbeats!!! Lost Baby C at 8w5d Emergency Cerclage at 22wks saved our babies lives Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hey! Im still on TTTC, but I have my ER for IVF #2 tomorrrow and we did the Intralipids- its was really cheap- it was covered under my insurance and was only $10 through Schrafts. My RE's office is having great success with it- I have borderline NK cells but I also have some other autoimmune issues- so my RE said it couldnt hurt only help. It was really easy- 2 hours sitting in a comfy chair. I also started Lovenox when I started my stims. I have homo MTHFR.

I switched RE's after my first failed IVF- and I am loving how proactive my new RE is. I am all for things that could make a difference.

best of luck to you!

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePrincessShay80:

Hey! Im still on TTTC, but I have my ER for IVF #2 tomorrrow and we did the Intralipids- its was really cheap- it was covered under my insurance and was only $10 through Schrafts. My RE's office is having great success with it- I have borderline NK cells but I also have some other autoimmune issues- so my RE said it couldnt hurt only help. It was really easy- 2 hours sitting in a comfy chair. I also started Lovenox when I started my stims. I have homo MTHFR.

I switched RE's after my first failed IVF- and I am loving how proactive my new RE is. I am all for things that could make a difference.

best of luck to you!

Hey there! I think you and PrincessShay80 go to the same clinic in Vegas. You should page her on TTTC if you want to know more about the IVIG/Intralipids. Good luck with your cycle!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi I did intralipids for ivf 3, my only successful cycle. I do not have elevated natural killer cell levels, but RE recommended it.  I also was put on lovenonx for cycles 2 and 3 and am currently on it until well into 30 weeks, I have the factor II prothombin gene mutation for clotting. I had one intralipid IV done at retrieval then the second one done at 6 weeks. Best of luck to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"