2nd Trimester

Shower etiquette question

I always thought that proper etiquette is to invite people to one shower, not multiple.  What do you think or what did/are you doing/going to do? 

Re: Shower etiquette question

• I would only invite someone to one shower.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would not invite people to two showers, nor would I attend two showers if I were invited to them.
  • Loading the player...
  • There are only a couple of people that are going to get invited to both, my SIL and a good friend of mine who's mother is my MIL's best friend and helping plan the the other shower.  Other than that, only invite them to one shower.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • mooetamooeta member
    only one except my MIL is throwing one and I'll invite her to the one my mom is throwing and vice versa.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If it's immediate family or an extremely close friend, I think it'd be fine to invite to both, but only if it's discussed via conversation. For my sister's wedding shower, her FIs mom threw one in Rochester  (his side of fam) and the next day my mom threw one in Buffalo (our side of fam). I had purchased two gifts anyway so I just brought one to each shower, and got a free lunch out of the deal for the whole weekend, haha. However, I didn't feel obiligated in any way to buy extra gifts.

Bro, but look how many ants are on this trash can...
    Zach Rance 4 President

• I have a few that overlap, but that's just because they go to my church.  My best friend is hosting a shower for friends (which they are invited to) but the church shower will be announced on the church calendar.  It's come and go, so it's not like they will get two invitations in the mail for two different showers.
  • If you are talking about close family, like your sister or SIL that you might invite to two showers I think it could be acceptable, just make sure you make it clear you only expect one gift. 

Other people though, if I were invited to two showers I would probably only go to one unless I was a very close friend, like invited to be a god parent or something close friend, or a part of the immediate family.  

• MSC03MSC03 member

Our moms and sisters will be the only repeats, but I certainly will not expect gifts at both showers.

imageimage
  • I think the only people who would be present at more than one shower would be me and my mother...just because she wants to be there since it's my first LO, and her 1st grandbaby. My friends will just be invited to a shower for friends, and my family to a family shower.
  • imagemooeta:
    only one except my MIL is throwing one and I'll invite her to the one my mom is throwing and vice versa.

Exactly...this is what we did for my bridal shower.  I think my MIL came to the shower that my mom/sis had for me but my mom didnt go to the show my MIL had. 

• One shower except parents IMO.
  • I am having two and I invited both grandmas to both, also close friends to the 2nd one since its out of town and will be a get away. :)
  • One shower unless it's close family. Obviously my sister, SIL, mom, and MIL will be invited to a couple extra.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I invited my mom and sis to both, but that's it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"