3rd Trimester

Question from a 1st tri

In your opinion, which trimester has the worse symptoms to deal with?
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Question from a 1st tri

• Since everyone experiences different symptoms at different times, that is a hard question to answer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1st tri was the worst for me, by far.
  • Loading the player...
  • For me, it was the first fo' sure!
  • I say 3rd so far. the first 2 were pretty easy, and this one I'm always uncomfortable and pee'ing soooo much! lol
  • mrsmelmrsmel member
    it varies soooo much from woman to woman. i'll tell you for me the second was the easiest.
  • For me it is 3rd... I didn't have any morning sickness or anything bad in 1st tri. ?I was just tired. ?Now I am tired, achy, baby is heavy on my bladder/insides, etc... ?and I desperately want to lay on my stomach!!! ?
  • for me the third has been ten times worse than the first but its different for everyone. 

• I hate hate hate hate feeling nauseated, so 1st tri is worse. Plus I was super nervous about having a miscarriage.

I have way more symptoms now, but they're easier to brush off.

• 3rd tri has been awful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had bad m/s for a while in 1st tri, but I still think 3rd is worse for me. It's just so effing uncomfortable.
  • So far 1st was the worst but I am still early in the third but as of now I feel great
  • Since I was blessedly nausea-free, I'm saying NOW.  This last month has been the hardest.  But as others have posted, it differs from person to person and you should not compare your pregnancy to anyone else's.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • As far as feeling crappy, first and the very beginning of second, for me.  I haven't had a lot of trouble, but first was rough on my health.  Third has been painful, just because of rib/back pain and whatnot, but nothing I couldn't handle.
  • For me personally, it was 1st so far.  I'm still pretty green to the 3rd trimester, though, and hear it gets rough.  2nd seemed like I regained energy, lost the m/s and overall felt almost "normal" again besides my feet swelling. 
  • It's hard to ignore/discount the everyday nausea and vomiting of 1st tri (had that for ~6 weeks), but 3rd tri has more varied symptoms that I really really hate (issues sleeping, not being able to sit/lay in certain positions, stretch marks, heartburn, etc.). I think overall I was more comfortable in 1st tri.
  • pretty much all of first tri sucked a$$ for me, but the last 2 weeks of 3rd have been no stroll in the park either.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree that everyone has a different experience. For me, 3rd tri has been the worst. I didn't have any morning sickness or any discomfort 1st or 2nd.  Now, these last few weeks have just dragged on with BH, swelling, all the lower pelvic pressure, and just wobbling around, etc. etc. But I'm sure it's all worth it in the end, and I'm definitely grateful to have avoided the morning sickness!
  • imagemrsmel:
    it varies soooo much from woman to woman. i'll tell you for me the second was the easiest.

This. I loved 2nd tri.

• Thanks for the replys. ?I'm just trying to see what is in store for me. ?I know the symptoms are different but I didn't know which is worse. ?

So far 1st tri is killing me with m/s but I don't know what is to come.

I guess I'm a wimp.?

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • even though it's pretty irrelevant, 3rd has been the worst for me.
  • 1st by far...2nd was super easy!

I'm only barely into the 3rd though...so can't really speak on it yet..

• I'm going to be the oddball & say that 2nd tri was the worst.

Morning sickness, sciatica, swelling...you name it, I had it.

• 3rd tri....Total body exhaustion, being so uncomfortable, lots of aches & pains, etc....Something for you to look forward, huh?Big Smile
  • I sailed through first and second trimester with just some tiredness. Third tri was pretty easy too until about 30 weeks when things started getting really uncomfortable. So I'd have to say third trimester has been the worst.
    Me 38, DH 34 Missed M/C 10/08 at 10 weeks DD born 8/09, TTC#2 since Jan 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Although none of them have been horrible so far...for me it was the 2nd because of the mood swings, growing belly bump with stretching, starting to feel uncomfortable, and being hungry and thirsty all the time.
  • Let's see...

1st tri for me = Constant exhaustion, two bouts of nausea, sore boobies, periodic bloating

2nd tri for me = Two straight days of lightning crotch

3rd tri for me so far = Sore back, sore abdomen at times, can't keep up with DH when we're walking together (he leaves me in the dust), just plain big & I'm starting to suffocate a little bit, the baby squirming around in there is starting to get annoying & uncomfortable, lol

I'm going to have to say that 3rd tri is the worst for me but not at all unbearable.  Let's just say that 42 weeks (max) is plenty long enough for a pregnancy. :)

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • EJDIIIEJDIII member
    1st tri without a doubt.... but then again ask me in a few weeks and I may have changed my mind!?
  • I was SO sick in 1st tri. I haven't gotten to the end of 3rd, but I can't imagine it could possibly be worse than what I went through in weeks 6-12!
  • 1st tri was really tough for me. I had morning sickness, bronchitis, spotting, I was in bed rest for most of the time. First tri for me was not fun at all.
  • 1st and 3rd were bad in their own ways.  1st was bad bc I felt sick ALL the time.  3rd is bad bc I can't breathe and my ribs are in constant pain.
  • The first half was crappy for me, but it seems the bigger I get, the better I feel!
  • 3rd.  i sailed through 1st no issues and 2nd wasn't that bad.  now i am starting to know that growing a baby really is hard work and i am starting to get uncomfortable.
  • For me it was the first and now- 37 weeks on. The rest was pretty smooth sailing for me.

Hope it's all wonderful for you!

• 1st was the worst for me because of ms... 2nd was good, 3rd very uncomfortable
  • 3rd Tri by far! I didn't find out I was pregnant until 9 weeks so my first Tri was a breeze. No symptoms what so ever :) Always had random periods so didn't think anything of it until people starting asking me if I got a boob job :) Third Tri has been rough! With the swelling, constant back and rib pain and the pure exhaustion it's been a nightmare!
  • imageslhall730:
    1st and 3rd were bad in their own ways.  1st was bad bc I felt sick ALL the time.  3rd is bad bc I can't breathe and my ribs are in constant pain.

This.. and add the back pain and I have the combo!

• For me, the third trimester has been the worst so far.  I was lucky in the first tri and did not get morning sickness or have many issues, 2nd tri truly flew by. 

I've just been having issues with getting larger in terms of pressure and fatigue.  Being only 30 weeks I'm nervous what is coming further along.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 3rd has been the worst.  I was one of those lucky no m/s people.  Now this lack of sleep thing & just the general discomfort is bad!  Oh, and the sciatic pain.  {UGH}
  • As terrible as m/s was in the 1st tri and part of 2nd tri, 3rd has been SO difficult with the swelling of hands and feet and just general bulkiness of having a huge belly. Also the sore and bruised ribs from incessant kicking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"