3rd Trimester

Be honest... :)

How much weight have you gained and is it more or less than you first anticipated it would be?

So far I've gained 24lbs- this is my first baby- but I'm kind of surprised how much I've gained with so many weeks left.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Be honest... :)

• As of my appt. yesterday I have gained 21 pounds.  This is my first and I am very proud of my weight gain although I was heavier to begin with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 28 Lbs and I am 36 weeks.

I am totally disgusted with that amount; I can't wait to take it all off!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've gained.....26/27? That was at my last appt, I go on Friday so then I'll get the 'real time' amount.

I'm not going to lie. I think I'm doing pretty good. My doctor is pleased and it has all been very gradual. 

• I've gained 5 pounds but I started out really overweight (215) and lost 10 in the beginning due to the severe morning sickness, which I have since gained back so I guess its really 15 pounds but a net of 5.  I seriously thought I would have gained a lot more but DH does all the cooking and he prepares only healthy foods for my lunch and dinner.  Thank goodness for DH's that love to cook otherwise I would likely eat take out and frozen meals and have gained a lot more.
  • I've put on 30 but I've been holding steady at the same weight for almost 2 months (I was 28lbs at my 24wk appt, 30 lbs at my 28 wk appt and still am at 34 wks). I gained almost all the weight second trimester and then it just tapered off and stopped. It's crazy how fast it can sneak up on you - one month alone I put on 10lbs.
  • 28 lbs so far (I was considered underweight when I got PG) - 2nd PG - I'm 32 wks
  • 27 pounds as of my 32 week appointment (at 32 weeks, 3 days).  I'm fine with it.  I think the weight will mean more to me during a second pregnancy.  Because as of now, I like to just believe a lot will come off shortly after having the baby.  But if that turns out to not be true, then I will probably be more concerned about weight gain during my next pregnancy.
  • 27 pounds as of last week. I am surprised, especially since I lost 10 pounds with MS in the beginning. I am fine with how I look, everyone swears it is ALL in my belly, but still just surprised at how much weight it is already! ?
  • My last appt @34 weeks, I had gained 18lbs. My whole family thinks I've gained so much weight. I'm so sick of hearing them complain about my weight
  • I've gained about 20 pounds total. Just about all of it was gained in the second tri and I've actually lost a pound since my last OB appointment, so the gain seems to be slowing down a lot for me.
  • 25 lbs. at my appt last week. I like to think some of that was from my vacation the week before. I'm not too worried about it.
  • 14 lbs.  Most of it has been in the third.  I am averaging one lb. a week now that I am going every two weeks.  I go back Wednesday and I am bigger, so I assume I have put on two more lbs.  I don't weigh myself at home.

This is more than I THOUGHT I would gain based on my mom's pregnancy, but I am not unhappy with the weight gain.  I think I will probably gain about 25 by the end, and that is OK with my doc. :)

• I've gained about 18 lbs...  I guess that's about what I thought I'd gain.  My mom claims that she only gained about 15 lbs with each pregnancy (she has 3 kids), so I figured I wouldn't gain much.  I've still got at least 5 more weeks, so I'll probably gain about 23-25 lbs or so.  I kinda think my mom is full of crap that she only gained 15lbs.  We were all 8lb babies.  But she's pretty petite, so maybe she did. 
  • Jenny3Jenny3 member

40lbs. It's about what I expected

• I have gained 19lbs as of this week - 34 weeks. 
  • I've packed on about 10 pounds total pretty much exclusively in the third tri. I was heavy to begin with and my doctor said I'd be fine keeping my total weight gain between 10-15 pounds.
    Me 38, DH 34 Missed M/C 10/08 at 10 weeks DD born 8/09, TTC#2 since Jan 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 24 lbs at my peak, but I lost 2 at my last appointment. 

I have to admit that I'm proud of my weight gain, but I wouldn't have felt badly if it had been much more.  It's all for a good cause!

• I can update that later today... ugh.  But at last week's appt. (36 weeks) I gained 34 lbs. It's a bit more than I expected, but not by much.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • 45. And I am going on weight watchers for nursing moms as soon as I give birth, lol.

• I've only gained 7 lbs and I'm 7 months ! Starting weight at around 6 weeks was 114, now I'm 121. woo hoo !!! The dr doesn't seem concerned since I'm measuring just right so guess I'm just all pure baby !
  • The doc says I have gained 15 lbs. I didn't go to my first appt. until I was 10 weeks and I think I gained about 5 lbs in those first 10 weeks. The doc says I am underweight but isn't concerned. I have always been small.

• 19 lbs.

I'm not surprised at how MUCH I've gained as much as how QUICKLY I gained it in the last few weeks.

I barely gained anything in 1st and 2nd tri, then the end of 2nd tri hit & I started gaining 2-4 lbs per week.  It's insanity.  I'm walking at night, eating healthy, chugging water, but the weight keeps piling on.

& I have 12 weeks left Indifferent   Which is fine if the weight gain slows down, but otherwise, we're talking another 20 lbs or so & that terrifies me.

• As of my appointment yesterday I have gained 15lbs.  I am happy with my weight gain thus far.  It is however far less than I thought I would have gained by now.  I thought I was going to be HUGE like all the women in my family were. 
  • 17 pounds. A lot less than I thought I would. I did have food aversion in the beginning. Truthfully, I just haven't had a big appetite this whole pregnancy, but I am eating very healthy and going without my wine probably helps with the weight too!
  • imageJNicMTek:
    40 pounds Crying

This.  Though I have started to lose weight the last couple of weeks.

• I've only gained 20lb's so far =D

With DS I learned the hard way that being pg is NOT an all you can eat buffet - with him I gained 50lbs!!

• 24lbs at 37 weeks
  • 26 lbs. - like others, I gained most of it at the end of 2nd tri and beginning of 3rd (2-3 lbs every week for a while), but now it's tapering off, so I'm hoping to end up around 33 lbs total, which I'm fine with. When I thought I'd eclipse 40 lbs., I was a little stressed.
  • 50...& hating every minute of it
  • 12 lbs since my last appointment...

I was determined NOT to gain a bunch of weight since I was already overweight, plus I haven't had much of an appetite the entire pregnancy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • About 30 pounds, which is more than I thought I would...  DS and I will be going for a lot of walks after he arrives!
  • I have gained around 30 pounds at almost 30 weeks.  It is pretty much what I anticipated.  I eat way too much garbage.  I gained 54 pounds with my daughter, but I was about 15 pounds lighter when I got pregnant with her.  I'm hoping I don't pile on too much more, but I expect at least another 10 pounds.  It's fine by me.  Most of it will come off shortly after he's born.

• 30 lbs last I checked.  I put on a lot during the first tri because I was hungry all the time... I have been pretty steady the past few weeks though.  I am thinking that I will top out at 40 lbs.
  • 40 pounds, and I think I've stopped gaining for now.  I was definitely underweight before getting pregnant.
  • 26 pounds as of 35 weeks.  I gained a lot of it in my 2nd trimester. Lately it's been about a pound a week.
  • I have only gained 6 lbs... I am trying to gain more, but my body is just not responding.  I am crossing my fingers that I don't get in trouble at the doctor tomorrow!
  • I think I may have you all beat, with my first I was concidered under weight when I got preg, but by the end of my pregnancy I had gained 52lbs!!!! However I had lost 35 befor I even left the hosp. they say it was mostly water weight so don't worry you'll loose it, espically if you breastfeed.

• i had gained 16 as of my appt. last friday. from the beginning, i thought i would gain more, but i started eating pretty healthy and working out every day at 19 weeks, so i'm hoping to keep it under 20.
  • About 35 pds i figured that I would gain between 35 and 40, so it doesn't worry me to much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"