2nd Trimester

numbness during sleep?

I know it's best to sleep on my left side, so that is what I have been trying to do for the past few nights. However, last night I woke up because my arm & hand had fallen asleep (probably b/c i was laying on it) but like my left side of my stomache was also tinggly as if it had fallen asleep as well? Has this happen to anyone? This is the first time in my life I had felt that, it kind of freaked me out & I'm waiting for baby to kick me so i can feel more relaxed about him being ok. Am I freaking out for nothing or is this normal??

Re: numbness during sleep?

• Happens to me as well.  The baby could be laying on a nerve too.

My legs also fall asleep from time to time as well.

Tori 10.10.09 / Callie 9.14.10 / Callie's Epilespy Journey
  • Thank u! i iddnt know they could lay on nerves..good to know!

• Loading the player...
  • Yes this happens to me, just about every night. I switch from side to side and try to wake up once I notice my side is numb. I can't wait to sleep on my back again! I asked the doctor and they said it's just from the extra weight and nerves.
  • ZAngelZAngel member
    It used to happen to me all the time.  I finally talked DH into buying me a really nice mattress.  That worked.  I haven't had the problem since.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Yep, it's normal... happens to me to. My dr. actually told me to make sure I'm drinking enough water and to watch my sodium intake and that should help. 
  • Happens to me too!
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • This used to happen to me all the time. I generally try to switch to my right side for a little while and then flip back over to the left side.  I find that it really helps keep from getting the numb feeling. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Happens to me at least a couple times a week.  Annoying but, I know it will go away after LO is here....I hope!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"