3rd Trimester

Question for the 39+ Weekers

I am kind of afraid to be out and about by myself just in case somethings happens. I know it most likely wont, and I have been doing my normal routine errands, but when do you plan to stop being out and about by yourself or even with your SO?

Re: Question for the 39+ Weekers

• I don't think I will stop. I'll keep doing my thing until I start having pain or my water breaks. I do get some funny looks when I am out though. It's like I am a bomb about to go off.
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • With DD, I didn't worry about this and just went about my business until I went into labor. Keep your cell phone with you, but honestly, when labor does start, you will have plenty of time to get home. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejason&robin:
    I don't think I will stop. I'll keep doing my thing until I start having pain or my water breaks. I do get some funny looks when I am out though. It's like I am a bomb about to go off.

This exactly. And especially when people ask when I'm due and I tell them days ago. Haha.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejason&robin:
    I don't think I will stop. I'll keep doing my thing until I start having pain or my water breaks. I do get some funny looks when I am out though. It's like I am a bomb about to go off.

Haha! Yes, I get this look! I was asked yesterday "are you having that baby right now?" Umm.... yes and you are the lucky lady who gets to help me deliver! lol

• I am going to keep my regular routine up.
  • I am 40 weeks and 2 days and I am still going.  I try not to be alone - but I do not want to sit inside my last few days before the baby arrives.  I think I would go crazy with the waiting process.  Most as me when I am due and I say anyday - they look at me like I am crazy!
  • I don't have a problem with it. I figure things won't happen fast enough for it to be an issue.
  • steverstever member
    Don't plan on stopping.
  • I do the same routine as always, if something happens while I am driving, I'll drive my happy a$$ to the hospital and call DH. If I can't drive, I'll pull over and call DH to pick me up. I would lose it if I was stuck inside and reliant on everyone else to get around.
  • Nothing will happen quick enough so that you can't go home and get help if you need it.  Even if your water breaks you'll have plenty of time to deal with it.  Sitting around waiting for someone to go/help me would drive me insane!
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • imageIselaCid:
    Nothing will happen quick enough so that you can't go home and get help if you need it.  Even if your water breaks you'll have plenty of time to deal with it.  Sitting around waiting for someone to go/help me would drive me insane!

Isela is absolutely right. My sister & DH are already paranoid about me being out on my own, my sis doesn't like me driving, DH is worried somethign will happen. I keep telling them I am pregnant not invalid! I plan on doing ym thing until my belly is too big for my short little legs to reach the peddles I am too stir crazy beign couped up in the house, esp with DH working long shifts!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As of Friday, I've stopped driving into the office (working from home), but that's more because I just really want to start slowing down and finishing up the work I have so that I'm not trying to make phone calls from the delivery room!

I have no plans to stop driving myself around or running errands.  I'll have enough time to get home, no matter where I am.  Or, if I had to, I'd make DH come pick me up.  If I had to sit at home all day I'd lose my mind!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • I'm still going out and doing things.  It's better to stay active.
  • I'm continuing to be out and about.  We plan to take my car to the hospital anyway so the bag is in there.  If I'm running errands, I'm close enough to the hospital that DH can just meet me there.  I'm more worried about labor at this point. 
  • I didn't stop running errands by myself.  I live pretty close to where I run errands, so it wasn't a big deal. Plus, DH always has his cell, and our parents aren't that far away (20 min).
  • We live out in the country, which means that we need to travel at least 1/2 hour to get to anything (walmart, home depot, etc.) My mom is 2 hours away IL's 3 hours. Since 35 weeks I've been cutting back how far i'm willing to travel. At 36 weeks I made my last visit to mom's before I have LO. I as well am become more hesitant to travel to far from home & hospital. Thankfully hospital is only 15minutes (the only thing close!)

I figure I'm smart enough to take care of myself if anything starts to happens. Get  home, call DH, get bag and get to hospital when necessary. I can't see anything happening quickly so I'll have time to get everything together!!!

GL!

• I still do things by myself, but do I think about going into labor and my water breaking while I am in the store, car (in trafffic!!) or on a walk with the pupster, YES!!! My mom keeps telling me that 911 is my bestfriend if I do!! But like others have said,staying busy is the best!
  • I don't ever plan on stopping. I mean what could really happen? You're not going to go into labor and pop a kid out in 10 minutes. Plus if there ever was an emergency you can always call 911.

I'll do my 40 minute commute to and from work, grocery shopping and everything else right until this kid come out. 

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"