2nd Trimester

What do you think of this name for a girl?

Austin...haven't thought of a middle name yet. 

Re: What do you think of this name for a girl?

• For a girl? Its a popular boys name. I'm not really into using boys names for girls. NMS at all.
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Not bad, not bad. But I liked Dallas so maybe I'm biased. DH nixed that one fast
  • eh, not so much. i think of it more along the lines of a boy's name.
  • I know of several boys with this name. I have hear of a girl named Dakota... so Austin may work...

I like Finley and Emerson personally and I've been told both of those are boy names.

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Teri Hatcher has a girl named Emerson
  • ZAngelZAngel member
    I definitely think that is a boy's name
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Sorry, can't picture it for a girl at all...I'd have to give it a thumbs down...No
  • I think it may be too much of a boys name... although I may be biased because it is my brothers name!! Indifferent
  • I consider it for both (I keep thinking of the country song "If this is Austin". I think the key with unisex names is pairing it with something very feminine such as Austin Jessica or Austin Rose. My friends daughter is Isabell Ryan and I love the male middle name. If you would be bothered by others opinions maybe consider Austin as a middle name.

:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedunvilles:

I know of several boys with this name. I have hear of a girl named Dakota... so Austin may work...

I like Finley and Emerson personally and I've been told both of those are boy names.

I love Finley for a girl... actually it's on my VERY short list

• i think  its cute for a girl.... i made my dd middle name james..i love boy names for girls well some..not the very boyish names.. but i think austin...could go with both... and as long as its what u like  go for it!
  • NMS either....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • boys name, and even then, I don't care for it.
  • I really like it, but I might be biased because we are going to use Ryan for a girl!!!Big Smile
    Photobucket Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've never really heard it used as a girls names.  I personally wouldn't use it for a girl but only you can decide which names you want. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I actually kind of like it. I had a female Austin in my college class last year, so it isn't unheard of.
  • It's NMS, and since it's really a boy's name - I worry your DD might get teased bad about it.
  • I would only like it for a boy.
  • its my husband's name so I love it.  I have seen girls named that too though.
  • ehicksehicks member
    It is actually on my list for a boy name... but it has been popular to use boy names as girl names. If you like it, then go for it. Maybe pair it with a really feminine middle name?
  • maybe if you have a really girly middle name... its a little hard to picture but it could work!
  • We are using Austin for our boy and love it! ?So of course, in our opinion more of a boy name, but it will work for a girl if you want it to.
  • The only person I've ever known named Austin was a girl.  At first I didn't like it, but it fit her, and she was very "girlie" so the name was fine.  If the girl was a real tomboy though I can see it being a problem.
  • imagemonica93555:
    I would only like it for a boy.

ditto

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MSC03MSC03 member
    Observation: These should always be clicky polls.
    imageimage
  • Austin for a boy or girl really isn't my style.  However, I do like other " boy" names for girls like Rian, and Andi, and Sam.

• imagefrf1537:

I consider it for both (I keep thinking of the country song "If this is Austin". I think the key with unisex names is pairing it with something very feminine such as Austin Jessica or Austin Rose. My friends daughter is Isabell Ryan and I love the male middle name. If you would be bothered by others opinions maybe consider Austin as a middle name.

I agree...

• imagejessicaclare:
    For a girl? Its a popular boys name. I'm not really into using boys names for girls. NMS at all.

Ditto this.

• I couldn't see a little girl with that name. sorry Sad
  • Two notes:  I have  a girlfriend named Ryann, but when she was 5 they added an extra 'n' at the end because everyone thought it was a boy. So she's Ryann and often gets called Ry-ANN when people first read it.

My brother's name is Austin. I think it's definitely a boy name. You have to remember this little girl will be in school and when teacher's get their class list they will think it's a boy when they look at the name.

• Austin is a very popular boys name where I live. I don't care for it for a girl.
  • One of my best girl-friends is named AustEn. I love it. It fits her personality perfectly!!

• Hmmm ... I don't think that one is gender nuetral.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • For a girl?  No.
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
    Olivia- Due December 24th
  • imagefrf1537:

I consider it for both (I keep thinking of the country song "If this is Austin". I think the key with unisex names is pairing it with something very feminine such as Austin Jessica or Austin Rose. My friends daughter is Isabell Ryan and I love the male middle name. If you would be bothered by others opinions maybe consider Austin as a middle name.

This is exactly where I am getting it from... I heard that song the other day and I was like hmmmm

• Thanks for all your comments!  That was interesting to hear your responses.  I kind of like different names (my DD is Remy Pearl) and Remy is used as a boys name usually...but it meant something to me since it is French and we took a trip there the year she was conceived etc...I also agree that if I did use Austin for a girl then she would have a super girly middle name.  I am not even prego again yet, but i am always brainstorming names!

GL to all of you to be mammas!

• I love the name and I LOVE when girls have boy names....its adorable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"