3rd Trimester

Are you still working?

I'm planning on working up until a week before my due date. It seemed like a good idea, but now I think I was crazy! Anyone else working this close to your EDD? When are you all planning on going out?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Are you still working?

• I work from home, I teach online classes for the university where I am getting my Master's degree. I will be working up until a week before my EDD, and then I will start working AND taking classes the week after my EDD.

I have no choice. It's either that, or go an entire semester without a paycheck.

Gotta do what you gotta do in order to pay for the LO.

• I am planning on working until my due date or until I go into labor, whichever happens first.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I work in an office job so I pretty much just sit down all day which is what I'd do if I took off early and stayed home since we have pretty much everything taken care of. If I had a job where I was on my feet all day, I might have considered taking off early.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My last day of work is my EDD.
  • I'll be working until this baby is ready to come out.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As much as I'd like to take off early I'm planning on working until LO arrives.
  • Planning on going off work 2 weeks before EDD. That date hasn't been written in stone yet though, so I have no idea when that will be.
  • I'm taking off 4 weeks beforehand. I work 12+ hr shifts and on my feet much of the time, I'm over it already!
  • Still working, yep. I cannot wait for the maternity leave (even though it's unpaid) I need the break! I'm saving up my vacation time until then, so I feel like I could really use a vacation! I haven't decided yet if I will take off days before the due date, maybe I should just play the "wait and see" game.
  • I'm working until I go into labor... My due date is on a Monday though so depending how I'm feeling that Monday, I may or may not go in... I've pretty much told all of my clients next Friday is my last day until September.
  • im trying...the closer it gets though the harder it is to keep working. i am thinking about taking a week off before my due date now. well see..
  • I am going to work until it is time for the baby to vacate the premises.
  • I am due August 3rd and my last day of work is July 24th. I am a licensed veterinary technician which means animal nurse and I am on my feet the WHOLE time at work running around. I have gone from 12 hours a day at work to 5-6 hours a day now because it is getting TOO much for my body. I think the last week of being pregnant being at work would KILL me. If I had a desk job I would probably work up until my EDD but for me, taking a week off before my EDD seemed like the best thing for me.
  • Today is my EDD, and I'm still working.  I was able to work from home since about 37.5 weeks, so that has been awesome.  I just don't want to waste vacation days or start my leave and disability clock before the baby comes.  I'd rather stay busy anyways - I would go crazy if I was just waiting for the baby to come.  Who knows, a week before your EDD could mean you still have 2+ weeks until you actually have the baby...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am here until the baby comes out.  I figure the longer I stay here, the longer I get to stay out with LO after.  Plus I sit at a desk, and I make sure its not to stressful.
  • I am still working and planning on doing so right up until i go into labor. Some days, I don't think I can do it and think I am out of my mind but then I just remind myself that the longer I stay at work, the longer I get to stay home with the LO :)
  • i had the same plan as you - work up until 39 weeks. i REALLY regret that now. i wish i would've quit a few weeks before that.
  • I will be working until the day I deliver, unless I am put on bedrest.
  • I am planning on working until July 31st (at which time I'll be 39 weeks 2 days). Unless LO comes early!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I am still working and on days like today I sure wish I was at home lounging. My back and stomach are hurting and the last place I want to be is at my desk, but alas that is where I am at. Bummer.
  • I plan on going right up until the due date...I think as long as everything is ok then it should be fine to.
  • I am working until my due date which is this Friday.  However, I feel as if I would have been home the last few weeks I may have pulled my hair out!
  • I was going to take only 1 week off before my due date, but my coworkers looked at me like I'm nuts. So now I'm taking 2 weeks off.
  • I'm cleared to work until my EED, so that's what I'm doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"