Baby Names

What are thoughts on Frances?

DH and I are desperately searching through his family tree!!!

Thoughts on Frances for a girl?

(It would be Abigail Frances, but I'm just generally curious about what people think about the name Frances.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image

Re: What are thoughts on Frances?

• I'm usually not a huge fan of Frances unless you are planning to use the nickname Frankie, but Abigail Frances is cute ?:)?
  • I really the name Frances for a little girl. Works well as a middle name too
  • Loading the player...
  • I think Frances is adorable!
  • Dont like it, but I do like Francesca. I knew a girl names Franny and it worked for her!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I think of Baby from "Dirty Dancing" ;-)  I'm not crazy about Frances, but it sounds nice with Abigail.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Missed miscarriage discovered at 16 weeks on 10/11/10. Baby measuring 12 weeks. Natural miscarriage 10/12/10. We will miss you forever. Chemical pregnancy on June 2012.
  • A friend is naming her baby girl Frances (she'll be here in a few weeks!).  At first I was very against it, but it has really grown on me.  Now I kind of think it is cute!  I really like it with Abigail, too.
  • As a MN?  fine.  but I really dont' like Frances in general.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• nms - sounds too "old lady"
  • I plan to use it as a MN because my fave grandma was Frances. I also like it for a first name because it's unique w/o being weird. And Frankie is a cute NN
  • i like it but only with the nickname francie or france. i hate frankie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't like the name Frances, but I don't mind it for a middle name, and I love names that have family significance.
  • I had a childhood friend whose middle name was Frances and she hated it
  • I *love* Frances!  It's on our shortlist for any future daughters.  I adore the nickname Franny Smile  It's nice with Abigail, though I prefer Frances Abigail, personally.
  • We are planning on using Francis as a middle name if we have a girl... my paternal grandmother's name and my FIL's middle name :)

I think its classic, and beautiful!

• I love it! I am considering using it myself for our DD because my grandpa was a francis and past away from cancer when I was young, I thought it was a good way to honor him with her being the first great grand child.
  • imagekate5779:
    I'm usually not a huge fan of Frances unless you are planning to use the nickname Frankie, but Abigail Frances is cute  :)

I agree :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • I love it! It was my great grandmother's name and is my DD's middle name. Her name is Claire Frances. I think Abigail Frances is beautiful.
  • I hate it- sorry. I love Abigail though.
  • I like Frances.  It was my paternal grandfathers name so I've considered using it before. 

I like the nn Francie for it instead of Franny though.  Franny or Fran remind me of an old lady.  Or no nn at all and just use Frances because it's beautiful & not too long to begin with. 

Just remembered you are using it as a middle name, so you probably wouldn't need a nn for it at all.  I think it sounds nice with Abagail. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Frances is such a cute name.  Love Abigail Frances.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"