Babies on the Brain
Options

Question for the Experts

TTC: Is it safe to stop my birth-control in the middle of the packet so that we may start now?

Re: Question for the Experts

• Options

Is it safe? yes.

Is it recommended? no.

You might as well finish off the pack and start fresh in a couple weeks. You likely wouldn't ovulate now anyway so there's really no reason to stop early and really screw up your cycle.

• Options
    imagemrs_kelly1014:

Is it safe? yes.

Is it recommended? no.

You might as well finish off the pack and start fresh in a couple weeks. You likely wouldn't ovulate now anyway so there's really no reason to stop early and really screw up your cycle.

what she said! :)

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker button
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unless you happen to be taking continuous dose BCP in which case it doesn't really matter.
  • Options
    the only thing that will happen is that you'll start your period in the next few days, like when you're at the end of your pack. Don't know that it will screw up  your cycle any more since when you stop taking the pill it takes a few months for your body to regulate anyway.
  • Options
    Some people will say it's totally okay, but I had the worst experience of never-ending bleeding and cramps doing this.
  • Options
    i would just finish the pack.  what's 2 more weeks in the grand scheme of things....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"