1st Trimester

WWYD re: telling family

We are just at 13 weeks and ready to tell extended family (our parents know but no one else does). H's family lives across the country, and they're all at his brother's house this weekend for his sister's birthday. We're going to call to wish his sister a happy bday--we also thought we'd tell them our news. Is it not cool to tell them on sister's birthday? Should we call later in the weekend to tell our news? What would you do?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD re: telling family

• Wow, good job on keeping your pregnancy on the down-low!!  My DH and I tried to do the same thing (we only wanted tell immediate family until 12 weeks), but SIL spilled the beans. 

If I was in your situation, I would wait and call later in the weekend.. unless, of course, you want to steal her thunder.  =)

• Tess12Tess12 member
    Don't take the focus off of her on her birthday.  Pick another time to tell.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies--that's what we were thinking--I asked H if I should post on The Bump for the "official" word and he said yes. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, I'd call another time. ?Let his sister haver "her" day then call everyone separately.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagelivvielo:
    Thanks, ladies--that's what we were thinking--I asked H if I should post on The Bump for the "official" word and he said yes. ;)

That's hilarious! For what it's worth, ditto about your sis's b-day. I'm sure she'll appreciate it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Give her a "Happy Birthday, Aunt!" card and wait for everyone's reaction... you won't be stealing her thunder...  It's her birthday, not her bridal shower!  I would LOVE for someone to give me this news on my birthday Big Smile
  • i got to say if it was me having the birthday- i would be nothing but happy to hear that kind of news! i think everyone else would be also but then they would go back to celebrating her birthday too. maybe it's just be but i don't think telling them on her birthday would be wrong at all. i think it's kind of a neat birthday present.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As a doting Aunt... there is no better birthday present that I could get then a little baby niece or nephew.
  • imageliljooly:
    Give her a "Happy Birthday, Aunt!" card and wait for everyone's reaction... you won't be stealing her thunder...  It's her birthday, not her bridal shower!  I would LOVE for someone to give me this news on my birthday Big Smile

I LOVE this idea.  How cute is that!!!  I totally wish I had thought about this, as we found out I was pg only 5 days before my sister's birthday!

Big Smile  Best of luck and Congratulations!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"