Eco-Friendly Family

Outgrowing BGs?

Have any of your DCs outgrown BG 3.0s?  My DD is not yet five months old but she's very long.  Already she's on the largest rise setting of the BGs, and the top of the dipe sits just below her belly button.  Unless by some miracle her trunk stops growing, she will be outgrowing these "one-size" diapers shortly.  :(  Sucks not only because of the cost factor but also because I've really been enjoying the diapers.

Any recommendations for a new daycare-friendly diapering solution works for longer babies?

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Outgrowing BGs?

• Abby is 36 inches and we can still use our BG's.
    Photobucket Abby............12.27.07
  • According to the Bum Genius website, babies can be on the large setting but then need to go back down to the middle setting-- obviously babies' bodies change as they grow.  So they might still work!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageinnerpeace:
    According to the Bum Genius website, babies can be on the large setting but then need to go back down to the middle setting-- obviously babies' bodies change as they grow.  So they might still work!
    Someone mentioned having to do this just the other day.  I can see it happening with us for sure.  DS is a chunkster right now and is on the largest setting but when he starts to slim down we'll probably have to go down a setting.
  • Oh there's hope!  Thanks for the reassurance, ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemesr:
    Oh there's hope!  Thanks for the reassurance, ladies!

Most definitely!  Baby change shape sooo much from babyhood to toddlerhood.  Don't panic yet =)  If for some reason she would outgrow them, BG's hold their value on DiaperSwappers.

Photobucket Abby............12.27.07
  • I just posted the other day that DS is 27 months old, 36" tall and 32-33lbs and the BG OS fit him fine.
  • For the first 18mo, DD was always at 97% for height or completely off the charts and never outgrew the BGs. I realize there's a difference in torso length and leg length, but I wouldn't worry about it yet!
    - Jena
  • My 25 month old is 35 inches and 27 pounds, and she still has a little room on the largest setting. I'm sure the fit will change as he grows, especially once he starts crawling.
  • My DS is 19 months & 34.5 inches/24 lbs and the BGs still fit great.  I have no fear that they won't fit through PL.

Another daycare friendly dipe that we use a lot also are Happy Heinys.  I prefer them to BG - I'd say my daycare stash is 75% HH and 25%BG.

GL!

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • I think it depends on how you like the rise. If you like a higher rise, it may seem too short after a while. My DS seems to need a higher cut leg, so he's on the 2nd to longest rise already. I have come to the realization, however, that as he gets bigger, the diaper really will fit with a low rise, regardless of which brand we are using. I think many diapers are supposed to fit well below the belly button, even though I personally like them a little higher.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"