Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Do you change LO in the middle of the night?

I am sure this has been asked before, so I apologize if this is repetetive...

Last night DS pooped his pants at 3AM, just after he nursed himself to sleep...and I let him sleep in the dirty diaper til morning...is that awful?????

He screams bloody murder when I change him, so I thought he may be better off resting rather than getting all worked up again...Do you change LO in the middle of the night??

Re: Do you change LO in the middle of the night?

• Lately, I don't if it's only pee (I still feel guilty about this). If it's really heavy, or if it's poop (always if its poop), I'll change, then feed.
  • I don't change her during the night unless she poops.   I can't stand the thought of her sleeping in a poopy diaper.
  • Loading the player...
  • if he poops, yes. ?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS HATES being changed at night. Also screams bloody murder. I have left pee but luckily the one time he pooped he was wide awake when I switched sides so I took advantage of it and changed him. If he was passed out I think I might have left it too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I dont change him anymore. We dream-feed so I get up and 10mins later we're back in bed. He isnt drinking enough or awake enough to warrant a change.
  • I always change poop, but leave pee unless it's super heavy.
    DS May 12, 2009 DD September 7, 2011
  • Yes I do. Before each feeding even if it's just pee. I just can't imagine being that uncomfortable.

My LO used to cry alot at the beginning as well; but he's cooled off now =)

Happily Married DH on 11/11/06

*My life revolves around a bunch of boys!*

Proud Mommy to these angels:

TP - Lost baby & my tube 10/12/14;

MM at 13 wks - March 2007 &

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Rainbow babiesLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I stopped changed DD in the middle of the night around 3 weeks, our pedi told us to use buttpaste so when we put that on her at night the wet diaper doest bother her like it used to, but shes on a pooping schedule now so she doesnt usually poop at night anymore. I would def recommend trying the buttpaste, its awesome!! HTH
  • I do- only because it's usually been about 2 or 3 hours since she's been changed.  I have a wipe warmer which really helps- instead of having the cold wipe it's nice and warm and she doesn't mind it as much.
  • Poop - yes. Pee - not unless he is soaked.
  • I change diapers before every feeding - I do it while I am heating the bottles.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I let her go all night without a change, and her skin is fine.
  • Yes, I do change her but I do it before feeding so when she goes back to sleep I can just put her straight back to bed.  Sometimes she does poop during her feeding and I do change it then...we just have to rock back to sleep.
  • I have been changing LO every time he wakes up which means he has a wet and dirty diaper as well as being super hungry.  I change him as soon as he wakes up and then nurse him. He is usually really great about being changed. Either he has figured out that there is a meal in his future or I have gotten good.

I have had similar experienes of nursing and then having LO fill his pants at which times I have changed him, offer him the chance to nurse again, and he usually goes right back to sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Your LO might actually sleep BETTER/LONGER if you didn't knowingly leave him sit in his own feces for hours.

Just sayin'.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"