1st Trimester

February Mommies - Monday Check-in

Welcome to the February Mommies group!

If you would like to add yourself, please click on the spreadsheet and type in your information; it will automatically save: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rYnUxoZ8xWwBlJjy20fO5Iw

We now have over 300 February mommies on the list!

If you have an idea for the Question of the Day, please send me a PM.  If you are unfamiliar with Private Messages here is some information:  

How do I send a Private Message?

If you would like to Private Message another member, just open one of their posts, click ?Contact? and choose ?Send so and so a Private Message?

How do I check to see if I have a Private Message?

• Click on "Check Private Messages" on the left-hand side of your screen (under the lists of all boards)
  • NOTE: The Nest says it sends an alarm to your email, but I haven?t found this to be true myself, so be sure to check your private messages every so often!

---

Voting on the group name ended yesterday at 5:00pm PST with Sweethearts taking the lead and Love Bumps in second.  You are welcomed to add these badges to your siggy; the addresses for each are located on the spreadsheet.

With some input from the weekend, we will continue with a ?February Mommies? daily (and typically once on weekends) check-in and each Bumpie can use the badge and name she likes best.

The badges I have heard of or seen so far include a Sweethearts badge and Love Bumps badge created by GreekyPie.

phinx99 created a blinky Cupid?s Cuties badge.

Breezie17 created a Love Bugs badge.

Thank you for sharing your creativity ladies!

If you would like to create and share a badge, please post here and add to the spreadsheet.  I'm sure someone has a cute idea for Valen-tinies!

QOTD: How did you meet DH/SO?

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: February Mommies - Monday Check-in

• Morning...

I met my hubby online actually in a chatroom.  After telling him that I didn't meet people off the internet, and didn't date people more than 2 years younger than me for a couple solid months, I finally caved and met him... and the rest was history. ;)

• We used to work together.  I actually dated his best friend for 5 years (the 3 of us shared a house for a while!).  I finally realized that the guy I was with was a complete tool.  Dumped him, started dating my now DH.  When we told his mom, her response was "It's about time!"

• Loading the player...
  • Morning everyone!

My hubby and I had the same part time job in high school, dated a while, broke up but stayed good friends, and then started dating seriously again after college.

• We met on Match.com after my brother badgered me into joining! Best decision I ever made :)

imageMake a pregnancy ticker

• we met in law school.
  • Good afternoon, ladies!

?My DH and I met while I was out with a bunch of friends at a bar. ?One of my friends had knew him and introduced us. ?After weeks of drunken dancing together, we started dating. :)

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello, We are doing great this week and extremely excited for our first appt and u/s on Wed.

DH and I met on Instant Messaging, through a mutual friend. I was instant messaging a mutual friend and DH happened to be on the other end. After months of him practically stalking me to talk to him, I was also scared of internet dating, our mutual friend convinced me to give him a chance. It turned out DH was a shy person and the internet actually gave him some courage to approach me the way he did. We started by talking on instant messages and it gradually turned into phone conversations.

One day I wanted to go buy a car and he volunteered to take me. I once again was hesitant, I talked to our mutual friend and he conviced me that my DH was a great guy. Well we went to go buy a car and he convinced me to go to the movies and the rest is history...

• We met in college on a spring break mission trip. 
  • Hello.

I actually met my DH in a bar/restaurant that I went to each Friday with my friend.  We started talking, but I wasn't ready to date yet (divorced).  After a while, we began hanging out as friends and found out that we really enjoyed each others company.  Many months later, I kissed him and the rest is history..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH & I met at a high school dance. The rest is history!
  • DH and I Met in 1999, in Biology class, i was a freshman in High School. IT was love right away! Cool
  • I met my DH the first month of college.  It was blind date set up by my sorority sister and her boyfriend who was in DH's frat.  The rest is history.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP 2/17/12 EDD 10/24/12 MM/C 3/22/12 D&C 3/27, 4/4, 4/9
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • my SO and i met through a mutual friend while out celebrating a friend's bday :)

• DH and I met at work in 2002. A group of us went out one night, and he bought me a drink - right in front of the guy I was seeing at the time!
  • Hi Ladies!  My DH and I met when he was home on leave from Iraq.  A good friend of ours introduced us and it was an instant connection.  We started dating when he returned home, only to find out that he had 6 months and would leave again.  He proposed right before he left for his second tour in Iraq and we were married about 3 months after he came home a year later. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so excited; I have my first appt and u/s in two hours!!!!!

DH and I met through friends, became friends, then got together.  Nothing too crazy!

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • QOTD: DH and I met through a mutual friend. Soooo not an exciting story...lol.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My DH and I met on Craigslist.  I had a friend who met a great guy on there and so I decided to give it a try.  I had no idea what to expect from a personal site, never having done anything like that before.  But it was the best decision of my life!
  • Dh and I originally met through my sister as they were good friends (I was in a long term relationship). Years later when I was single my sister dragged me out to the bar where Dh and I slowly started chatting (he was pretty shy) and then hanging out together outside the bar scene...
  • We met at a high school football game when I was a freshman, he was a sophomore.  We went out for about a month, but then I broke up with him because my friends didn't like him.  We stayed friends, hooked up a couple times in college, and then finally got together for good my senior year of college.  He's the love of my life!
  • I met my H playing in a local volleyball league. We met in September 03 but didn't start dating until May 04.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello all!

We met in MBA school.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We actually went and dated in high school, but didn't get married until 4 years post college!

Happy that we finally have an official group name.  I'll be adding the sweethearts badge after I get back from my first appointment today :deep breath:

• I met my DH on Spring Break in Texas.  We live in IL.  Crazy thing was my group of friends and his group of friends stayed in the same hotel and realized we all went to the same university.  When we got back to school, we began dating shortly after.  I can't wait to tell our kids it took 2,000 miles just for mommy and daddy to meet when we only lived 2 blocks from each other at school!
  • imagepdxjenn:

We met on Match.com after my brother badgered me into joining! Best decision I ever made :)

Me too! 

• My DH and I met through a mutual friend.  Her and I work together and she used to date DH's best friend.  She thought we would be a perfect match, and turns out she was right.  What are best friends for!?!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH & I met on a blind date. A girl who apparently liked DH tried to set us up thinking we would fail and that would drive him to her.  She was very mean for the longest time while we were dating and I did not find out why she was so mean until years later, when it came out that she really wanted to get with DH.  Poetic justice though in that she came to my bachlorette party, wedding shower, wedding and later my baby shower. :)
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH and I met at a Golf course i use to work at.  We started dating 2 years later, when we met up at a bar.
  • My husband and I met in high school in 2000.  Been together ever since!
  • We were in college and I needed help cooking. One of friends suggested I call 'this chef guy' that she knew. Best decision I ever made.
  • My sister and my DH were actually best friends. She was dating his best guy friend, and they all asked me to come out with them one weekend when I was home from school. We instantly hit it off, but I wasn't ready to settle down (and knew that he was the man I was going to marry). After 9 months of being best friends, I decided to quit fighting it. The rest, as they say, is history. :)
  • QOTD: My husband and I met in college. We had our late night PhotoI class together for 4.5 hrs 2x's a week. About a month into classes he walked into my 9am Econ class and from then on we spent almost all day twice a week together just hanging out. He thought I was too young for him, I was 18 and he was 25. I worked long and hard once I realized how crazy I was for him. We finally had our first date about 8 months after when I asked him to go see a band I wanted to see play (I knew he liked them :P ) and got him stinking drunk and hi true feeling came out..lol. We were engaged just over a year later and married jut over a year after that!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well, I am happy to report that I had my 2nd ultrasound today and I measured exactly 8 weeks 1 day, so right on track!  And baby's heartrate was 177bpm, so I feel awesome!  Other than my morning sickness is back and crazy as ever.  I feel so sick!  Ugh!  But still thankful.  :)

QOTD: How did you meet DH/SO?

We went to the same highschool.  I met him through his sister actually.  But we didn't start dating until we were 21, we were very close friends before that.  We have been married 4 years now.

• imageAnna&Matt:
    we met in law school.

us too.

• We were set up through a mutual friend.  She was sure from the very beginning that we were meant to be but I didn't even want to meet him....just getting out of bad relationship and wasn't ready for another one.  But we did meet and we really were meant to be and now we're celebrating our 1st anniversary on July 19th.  Glad she was persistent!!!!
  • Morning!  Um, guess it's more like Good Afternoon now!!

I had a whole weekend without being sick and it was so nice!  But I woke up this morning sick as a dog.  Ugh...I just wish the m/s would go away!!  I go next week for my 2nd appointment and I will 10 weeks.  So excited but nervous...I pray we hear the heartbeat!!  But we'll get a sonogram too!

I was dating my husband's best friend when we met.  They had been best friends since elementary school, but went to different schools once they hit High School.  I had known the friend for years and we casually dated over the years.  After HS me and the friend had started dating seriously when I met (my now) husband at a party.  Things weren't great with the friend, I found out through my husband that he was lying about me and things we "did" so I ditched him.  Within 2 weeks me and the husband were dating and 3 months later we were married.  We've been married now for 7 1/2 years with baby #3 on the way!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well, I met him at a Valentine's dance in junior high.  He and his dancing partner 'pulled up' next to my boyfriend and I.  He and my boyfriend started a hi-larious conversation about wedgies.  I remember that distinctly.

I started actually dating him in high school.  We got married after 7 years together. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH and I had met at a cookout but didn't exchange numbers.  A month later, we ran into each other at a wake for a mutual friend's grandmother.  We all went out for drinks after and the rest is history. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hi all!

I met my Dh first at college. He had heard that my sister had just died (small college) and came up to me to find out how I was doing.

• I meet my DH in college I was dating someone else at the time.  One day a couple of friends and I went down to the cafe and he simply said "HI" and the rest is history.  So my DH had me at Hello.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"