2nd Trimester

Safe sex positions?

So for me the easiest position has been on top but my belly really isn't that big yet. Is it safe for me to do most of the work? I feel like my belly is getting moved around too much so I'm a little concerned. Feel so weird asking my Dr about this! lol.

Re: Safe sex positions?

• I think the only UNsafe position is the one that hurts. Do what your body allows for as long as you can stand it. GL!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Whatever position that's most comfortable for you is best. Sex is safe as long as the doc hasn't advised against it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Whatever feels good...it can't hurt the baby!
  • Just don't spend too much time flat on your back. Any other position should be fine as long as it doesn't hurt.
  • If there was a "bad" position ... DH and I would be in trouble.
  • imageSmallandNeedy:
    If there was a "bad" position ... DH and I would be in trouble.

lolol...Thanks for the laugh!  Yea I think we're ok then! 

• Yeah, I'm not sure if there are any unsafe positions. That being said, being on top with my belly totally throws me off and DH usually squishes me when he's on top, so we stick to doggie style or sitting/chair positions.

GL!

• it's only safe sex if you use a condom Surprise
  • imageBlairWaldorf:
    it's only safe sex if you use a condom Surprise

oh blair.  your wit slays me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsCarroll.6-10-07:
    I think the only UNsafe position is the one that hurts. Do what your body allows for as long as you can stand it. GL!

I agree with this. When it hurts I stop or move.

• Indifferent I think your Dr. would have told you if there was such a thing as an "unsafe" position.

Mad props to you for having the drive tho...

border=
    DD 10/31/09 - BFP 3/22/11 M/C confirmed 4/9/11 at 8w4d - BFP 10/5/11 EDD 06/16/11 BabyFruit Tickerimageimageimage

*Vote on our Baby names*
  • SaranSaran member
    In my first pregnancy, having sex always put the babies to sleep. I used to worry that all the moving and rocking would jar them but instead it knocked them out and I was able to sleep as well because of it. The more we moved, the better they slept. I plan on doing the same thing this time around as well. As pp said, as long as the position doesn't hurt you should be fine.
  • I had awesome missionary position sex last night, and I definitely have a little bump. I propped my hips on a pillow so that "the goods" were up in the air and my belly was lower, and DH just held himself up a little more than usual. He also went to one side or the other to avoid the belly. This might only work for another few weeks, but it was great!?

I don't know what we'll do later, because doggie style is uncomfortable for me and he can't finish from me being on top. Spoons maybe?

I agree that any position is safe if it's comfortable for you, and exercise is good for baby! My LO was kicking like crazy right after :)?

• imagewhitneyandbrook:

Mad props to you for having the drive tho...

We didn't have any sex while in the 1st tri! The last week has been rather wonderful tho if I might say so myself! lol...

• imageBlairWaldorf:

lolol...that's what got us in this mess! lol. jk. PG was planned and surprisingly I got pregnant after the first month of trying! I almost didn't feel ready cause I didn't expect to get PG right away! 

• If you still like him on top but it squishes you too much, try laying on the edge of the bed while he stands up.  You don't have to work too hard and it saves his arms!  Hope this isn't TMI, but it works for us!
  • Hey enjoy what you can, as long as you don't hurt or doc tells you not to do it. Also don't worry about your belly moving around so much, I read in the prego book that the baby is use to movement and if anything he/she may be enjoying the ride. Have fun!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The easiest position that I have found.. I am laying on the edge of the bed and he is standing.. We tried many other positions and they all were to uncomfortable or hurt.. but, this is the best position we have found..
  • I second that! That is one of the best ones when your belly is big. My belly is big already.
  • imageSmallandNeedy:
    If there was a "bad" position ... DH and I would be in trouble.

LMAO!!! Nice!!! 

• imageBlairWaldorf:

It's a little late for that isn't it? hahaha

May your days be full... Your nights be fun... Your heart be light... And your battles won! Alexis Edwards
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • am I the only one who rarely has sex??  I just am so uncomfortable with my huge belly flopping that I never wanna do it...

poor hubbyEmbarrassed

• imageDueinNovember09:

am I the only one who rarely has sex??  I just am so uncomfortable with my huge belly flopping that I never wanna do it...

poor hubbyEmbarrassed

I agree. I feel badly, we've done it once since we found out we were expecting. poor hubby. happy for you girls though! 

• I guess I'm breaking all the rules but laying on my back.  DH has to almost sit up so I can breathe but he doesn't seem to mind. 
  • Sex?  What's that?  I think I remember, but its been a while....  Its SAFE to say I've been sleep or sick any given night.  Hopefully 2nd tri will be better....  PLEASE!!

• Anything but on my knees makes my DH giggle.. The belly easily gets in the way..?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"