1st Trimester

purchased anything yet for LO?

last pregnancy i ran out and bought a few little things (onesies, etc). This time around i'm afraid to because the last one ended in m/c. has anyone made any purchases yet? if so, what??
Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: purchased anything yet for LO?

• I bought some cardboard books.  I also bought a bib for each grandmother
  • We found the bedding set we wanted with our last pregnancy...  and that ended in m/c so I am afraid to jinx this one! Though I may buy a little something after my ultrasound on July 8th...  YIPPPEEE
    imageimage BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's still so early but I couldn't resist so I bought some books for the baby
  • I haven't purchased anything, but my mom bought us a tiny little Cornhuskers sweatshirt. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lesuthlesuth member
    I bought some bibs. My sister purchased a onesie and a bunch of diapers for my LO.
  • medela breast pump. im waiting to find out what we are having before I but any onesies or nursery stuff.
  • So far I've bought our bedding (it was on sale), paint for the walls, a onesie, and a blanket.
  • Nothing. I'm super paranoid like that!
  • Nothing - still feel like it's too early.  My mom, however, has an entire moving box full of baby clothes she's collected.Indifferent
  • Well, I bought NOTHING last time and it ended in m/c, so this time I have already started to buy!  Maybe it will bring me some luck!Angel  I've only picked up a Michigan Wolverines car blind though.  Figure I can always use that, boy or girl!
  • Nothing yet, but I wandered around Buy Buy Baby yesterday and checked out double strollers.
  • DH bought a stuffed Tigger, and i bought an "i love daddy" bib, that's it
  • I bought a Kate Spade diaper bag over the weekend since it was an awesome deal. ?But that's the only thing.
    IVF #1 = BFP on 5/2009
    FET #1 = BFP on 5/2011
  • I haven't purchased anything yet...I want to wait until we know the baby's sex, so I feel better about everything and can buy specific gender items. I have bedding picked out for a boy and girl, so I am going to buy it once we know. :)
  • DH brought home a stuffed animal the day I told him. 

My mother bought a onsie that said "Don't look at me, that smell's coming from my Grandpa."  That onesie will mysteriously wind up missing before my LO gets here.

"Cool as Hell like e-mail, but still timeless like a letter."
  • I know I'm early, but today I ordered the baby furniture! Crib, dresser, changing table and mattress.  I couldn't help it... great sale!!!  It was my first purchase.

https://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?DeptID=62438&CatID=63846&GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=14a30a2&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=62438%7c62702%7c63845&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=1&cmVirtualCat=&CmCatId=62438|62702|63845|63846

IAmPregnant Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not yet. I have an ultrasound in 4 weeks and if everything looks good then, then off to target i will be lol.
  • Honestly, I haven't even looked yet. I realllly want to, but I want to wait until my husband is home. I know that if I look now, I'll buy now. He comes home tomorrow (!!! :D ) and then we will be moving 4 days after that! Hopefully we can start looking, if not buying, in a couple of weeks.
  • At first I was super paranoid too b/c that's just how I am... but my girlfriend told me that as soon as I find out I'm pregnant to start buying things like diapers and wipes and stuff. You can always return/exchange them and where I live (military community) comeone is ALWAYS pregnant. So that's what I've started buying. You can never have enough!! Just don't open them (diapers) until you need them b/c you can exchange them if baby grows out of them before you use that size. I am definitely to nervous to buy "real things" like onsies and crib bedding and stuff.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I bought DH a sleeper that says I love daddy. We saw the baby today at the doctor and I am feeling pretty great about this pregnancy. I think I want to get a few things soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker
  • I bought a onesie that says "Expensive but worth it" on sale at kids r us.  It was too cute not to buy.
  • I bought an awsome crib today off Kijiji. It was a style I liked and since it was gently used it was a fraction of what I would pay new. I don't believe in "jinxing" anything and I want to spread out the big purchases since I will be buying an outrageously expensive stoller amongst other things. Best to do it over the next 7months then all at once!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No, because of my history of infertility and miscarriage (btw, I'm at 10w3d). But my DH has already bought a baby carriage, and his colleagues have started buying gifts for us.

• A brand new boppy off of craiglist for $10... a friend bought us a New England Patriots onesie/bib/bootie set, and I picked out fabric for our nursery... which i'll buy more of after I find out what we're having.
  • no, we are not going to make any purchases or have anything baby related in the house until after our 20 week ultrasound. If something horrible were to happen (heaven forbid) i do not want anything baby in the house to remind me and bring more pain.
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"