3rd Trimester
Options

Need advice ASAP

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment and I was told that I was measuring at 36 1/2 weeks when I should have only been 35/5. Well, DH and I had sex about 1/2 an hour ago and afterwards I started bleeding light pink. There was one spot, a little smaller than the eraser of a pencil, that was bright red. Do you think I should call my doctor? WWYD?

Re: Need advice ASAP

• Options
    If it's got you that worried that you need advice from internet strangers "ASAP", then just call your doc.
  • Options
    I think that's all normal from what I've read, of course I'm no Dr though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would call for anything bright red.
  • Options
    If that is all the blood that you have, don't worry about it.  Your cervix is tender now.  If it continues, by all means, call.
  • Options
    my opinion is if you have to ask, you should call
  • Options

I had a doctor appointment today and she gave me some info in preparation for the end of my pregnancy.  One of the things it said was that spotting is normal after internal exams and intercourse.  There is no reason to call the doctor unless the amount of blood is similar to a period.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've always measured 7 to 9 days ahead at my US's.  I would not be that worried but if you are just call.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My doc would have me call if it was bright red blood larger than a quarter, hth. ?
  • Options
    Sounds like you may be overreacting.  A drop of blood smaller than the size of an eraser?  I'm pretty sure you'll be fine, but if you feel better having your doctor tell you that, then call them
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Have you spotted after sex at any other point in your pregnancy?

If you have sex regularly and you've never spotted, then spotting now may be cause for concern (and worth a call to your doc).

I don't think this would at all be related to how large you were measuring, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Options
    If YOU are worried YOU should call
  • Options
    Docs are used to worried moms to be... cant hurt to call. But I see it as normal unless you are contracting as well
  • Options
    I'd call the dr. You'll be worried sick until you do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"