Trying to Get Pregnant

Picking your due date month?

I was wondering has anyone wanted to have their baby due a certain month and figure out when they needed to conceive and have it actually work?

Re: Picking your due date month?

• I havent. My mindset is any month will work for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagewlknsnlrn:
    I havent. My mindset is any month will work for me.

DITTO

Married for 10 years, TTC 5 years
    dx: Male Factor Infertility, low sperm count, low motility
    History:
    3 Clomid IUI's=3 BFN
    took a break from trying for the last 3 years
    Currently:
    met with doctor 2/2/16, actively TTC #1 again, excited
    Psalm 113:9 "He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the LORD!"
    ***Fost/Adopt Parents, 1 y/o, 3 y/o***

• Loading the player...
  • wishful thinking!
  • just wanted one asap... didn't care what month.
  • I know people who have done it ... but they are fertile myrtles!
  • I just want one. I don't care what month it is.
  • When we first started TTC, I would play around with the dates in my head.

But at this point, I would be thrilled beyond belief to get pg at all.  It doesn't matter what month.  Getting pg is all I ask for, regardless of timing. 

imageimageimage
  • Good luck with that.
  • You should ask this on a different board...like 1st tri.

This question is generally frowned upon here.

• imagebbjoys:

When we first started TTC, I would play around with the dates in my head.

But at this point, I would be thrilled beyond belief to get pg at all.  It doesn't matter what month.  Getting pg is all I ask for, regardless of timing. 

This.

TTC #2 since Sept '16
    My Chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28017b
    TTC #1- 3 failed rounds of Clomid/ Surprise Natural BFP w/weight loss- 9/22/11 DD 5/12
    DX. Dec '09 w/ Inappropriate LH Secretion Syndrom/PCOS/ Anov 28 months
    (Former username: xxbblueangelxx)
  • This is ridiculous. There is no way to get pg on demand. I thought I would have a summer baby when I started TTC in Nov. If I don't get pg soon, I may be back at having a summer baby. There's much more important things to worry about than your due date.
  • Silly notion.
  • we started trying for march and after so i will be done school that being said, if we had conceived the first month trying wed have been due in feb. anything from now on is ideal but i definitely still would have taken any opportunity. picking a month almost never works out
  • Yeah, good luck with that.
  • imageSavat:
    This is ridiculous. There is no way to get pg on demand. I thought I would have a summer baby when I started TTC in Nov. If I don't get pg soon, I may be back at having a summer baby. There's much more important things to worry about than your due date.

Silly me, I thought I'd have a 2008 baby.   

imageimageimage
  • imagejshay778:
    Good luck with that.

Ha! I say that all the time.

• You can use the due date calculator and put in your "expected" last period. That will tell you what month your will be due.  However, you might get AF late or early and you might not get KU right away so....  GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Sorry i'm new to this- I wasn't sure where to ask.
  • imageSavat:
    This is ridiculous. There is no way to get pg on demand. I thought I would have a summer baby when I started TTC in Nov. If I don't get pg soon, I may be back at having a summer baby. There's much more important things to worry about than your due date.

Yes

• imageMikeMarie:
    Sorry i'm new to this- I wasn't sure where to ask.

Regardless of where you ask the core response is the truth: Trying to plan like that is just setting yourself up for frustration.

GL,

• imageMikeMarie:
    Sorry i'm new to this- I wasn't sure where to ask.

haha?

• imagemrspink77:
    wishful thinking!

Yes

BabyFruit Ticker
  • OscarQOscarQ member
    imagexxbblueangelxx:
    imagebbjoys:

When we first started TTC, I would play around with the dates in my head.

This.

Ditto.

• Lurking is key here. Or really any board. Lurk first, ask questions later.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageSavat:

I have to disagree.  Maybe, like me, she needs to work around something -- finances, work, etc.  I have a few months I can TTC and then I need to take a break b/c it would put me in a very difficult position with work to have a baby during certain months of the year. 

• No. I just want a baby
  • imageMamaMehl:

I have to disagree.  Maybe, like me, she needs to work around something -- finances, work, etc.  I have a few months I can TTC and then I need to take a break b/c it would put me in a very difficult position with work to have a baby during certain months of the year. 

Well, I guess that's where your priorities are then.  Sure, there are certain times of the year where it would definitely be more convenient to have the baby.  I don't deny that.  But if you are TTC for a very long time, you might start shifting around your priorities and welcome it at any time, period. 

imageimageimage
  • imageMamaMehl:

imageSavat:

I have to disagree.? Maybe, like me, she needs to work around something --?finances, work, etc.? I have a few months I can TTC and then I need to take a break b/c it would put me in a very difficult position with work to have a baby during certain months of the year.?

well okay then. ::snickers::?

• imageGlowconsin:

You should ask this on a different board...like 1st tri.

This question is generally frowned upon here.

yup.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Thank you IVF for our little miracles!!
  • imagekit4485:
    imageMamaMehl:

imageSavat:

well okay then. ::snickers:: 

On command, convienent timing pregnancy. Alrighty!

• imageMamaMehl:

imageSavat:

How can you disagree? you can't have a baby on demand, that is just the truth. You can "try" all you want around things like finances and work, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to get KU.
  • Every person has a 20% chance if they are PERFECTLY healthy...no issues to speak of. So you can only plan to be possibly 20% pregnant on any given cycle.

Good luck to anyone that tries to plan for specific months or times. If you can only try June-August, you might be trying for a few years. 

GL.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Oh if only it were that nice and easy.  If that were the case there probably wouldn't be boards of people talking about all this stuff.  We'd just all be pregnant and have babies.
  • um no
  • imagesoftskate31:

If you are a lucky one who gets pregnant on the first try - then yes, with proper planning - this could work out.

I think most of the ladies here would gladly take any due date they were blessed to have.

This.

• imageMrs. BZ:
    imageMamaMehl:

imageSavat:

How can you disagree? you can't have a baby on demand, that is just the truth. You can "try" all you want around things like finances and work, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to get KU.
    Exactly. DH and I waited almost 4 months before TTC because we didn't want to take the chance of having a baby right around his brother's wedding. But that's different. She's not talking about TTA to avoid a certain month. Try not to get your panties in such a bunch MamaMehl
  • imageMamaMehl:

imageSavat:

I agree with Savat.

If you choose to TTC with breaks in between, it may delay getting KU even further, esp. if you get back on BC and have to come off and regulate again, or if you have an undiagnosed infertility issue.

There are no guarantees you will get KU in the months you try.

• imageMrs. BZ:
    imageMamaMehl:

imageSavat:

Baby on demand is like video On Demand and you pay $4.99 for it and ta-da!?  A baby lol 

• imagesazzette:
    imageMrs. BZ:
    imageMamaMehl:

imageSavat:

Baby on demand is like Comcast On Demand and you pay $4.99 for it and ta-da!?  A baby lol 

Is that all it costs??? Where do I sign up??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"