Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Post c-section constipation?

It's been a week since my c-section and I still haven't pooped. No one at the hospital mentioned anything to me about constipation and I'm wondering if I should call the doctor or just go get something from the drugstore. Is this pretty normal? From what I've googled it seems that most people make a bowel movement within a couple of days post c.

Re: Post c-section constipation?

• Mine was about 4 days out.  They didn't give you anything? Stool softeners? I am very surprised. It is very painful the first time. One with not being able to help it along, and two because its a tough BM to get out. They gave me metamusil cookies in the hospital and I chowed on prunes.  Go get yourself some collace asap!
  • prunes, pears, plums...eat them all.  get some stool softeners...they told me it could be around a week.
  • Loading the player...
  • They gave me stool softeners in the hospital and asked me all the time if I pooped yet and how the gas pains were.  I think it is pretty common and tmi but my first poop was a little painful and holy sh!t gigantic!  Take some stool softeners, I took them for the first week and a half until things got back to normal.
  • I didn't have anything happen until 8 days after, make sure to drinks tons of water and take a stool softener!

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
    Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
    My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It took a while for me both times... lots of fiber and a stool softener like pp have said
  • Stool softners. . . .pop em in like candy. . . . and get ready because its going to hurt. (at least mine did, bad.)

• I had my first BM before I left the hospital and I was anxious b/c I thought it would be painful. But it wasn't. However, since then I'm constipated all the time. Made it thru pregnancy w/o hemmroids and got em now. Fun, fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"