3rd Trimester

Sad Sad Day

So, we are all waiting on pins and needles for the baby to arrive and we got a call this am at 6am.  DH's grandfather died in his sleep last night.  He had a very long life (he was 92) and was a great influence in everyone's life, but I'm so sad today that he will not meet our daughter and that she won't meet him. 

My grandmother is the only other grandparent living, and, as I've mentioned in other posts, she won't speak to us and doesn't acknowledge the baby (thinks I'm selfish for sharing updates with her).

Just makes you appreciate those good ppl in your life.

Re: Sad Sad Day

• I'm sorry that DH's grandfather has passed...your family will be in my thoughts!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm really sorry for your loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry to hear about your loss. Just know that he will be looking down on you and your family, including your little girl!
  • I'm so sorry for your family's loss.  I agree that it really does make you appreciate the good people you have in your life.  You and your family are in my thoughts.
  • sorry to hear that. my h's grandfather died about a month ago, and he was the last living grandparent - so i can relate. however, when we went to his funeral/service so many family members were extra excited for us, and the new life we'd be bringing in to the family.
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I lost my grandfather before I could tell him I was expecting the first Great Grandchild. I know in my heart though that he met her, just not in the flesh. I'm sure your DH's grandfather will meet your LO too.

Hopefully your grandmother will come around. You can never hold a grudge against a beautiful little face.

• my condolences  to you & your family.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Sorry to hear the sad news. try to keep your spirits high.
  • I'm sorry for your family's loss.
  • Sorry to hear, labor buddy.....
  • i'm so sorry to hear that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

lullaby baby - miscarriage november 2008

delia jean - painting rainbows since august 23, 2011.

pebble - blighted ovum november 2011

Photobucket

our story of anencephaly.

• That is so sad!  My Poppy died when I was very young, and I like to think that he's been watching over me my whole life.  :-)  I'm sure DH's grandfather will do the same with your LO.
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers.

• I'm so sorry to hear that.
  • afgafg member
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"