3rd Trimester

Nobody likes a complainer....

but im just curious as to what is the one thing about pregnancy that would make you second guess ever having another child....for example mine would be pelvic pain or "lightning crotch" as I have heard it being referred to

Re: Nobody likes a complainer....

• Nothing so far. Ask me if I can't have this baby naturally and end up being induced at 42 weeks.

*disclaimer: I did not have bad m/s...the aches and pains I can deal with, esp. with help from tylenol and my low-dose narcotic when the migraines hid bad. But the nausea, I cannot deal with. I would love to have a natural birth, but if I am sick to my stomach during contractions, I will cave fast...

Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • hemorrhoids
  • Loading the player...
  • 18 horrible weeks of morning sickness.
    My beautiful redhead Lily Anne (3.5yrs)
  • Haha: moving back in with Mom to save money.  I will NOT do it again!

The pregnancy itself has been terrific, though!

• My answer is also nothing.

I've already had one child and it went fine. This one has been easy so far too. 

• I've had severe hyperemesis since 6 weeks.  So absolutely that.  I'm still not sure if I want to go through this again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yaleyale member
    My everywhere acne... I don't think I'd let it keep me from having another baby because of it though. It's just really gross and I miss my skin.
  • imagemandolynn81:
    18 horrible weeks of morning sickness.

This...I wouldn't wish morning sickness on my worst enemy. Oh and having recurrent kidney stones.

• Heartburn, cervix kicks and Glucola.  Not necessarily in that order.
  • I don't want a second child to begin with, but the outrageous hip/back pain I had for a few weeks (has abated a bit now) would have had me reconsidering a second pregnancy if I did want more kids. Being completely unable to walk or sleep without wanting to cry did nothing for my unenthusiastic feelings toward pregnancy.?
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I overall have had a pretty easy pregnancy. Although this wouldn't really make me not have more kids I will tell you I AM BEYOND SICK OF MATERNITY CLOTHES! It might be because it's summer and I feel like a beached whale with the heat but....Embarrassed
  • Swollen feet and heartburn...both VERY painful!  I had never had heartburn before becoming pregnant...so that one really sucks!  The swelling has really just gotten bad this past week and HURTS!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Paranoia associated with having high BP and waiting for it to turn into Pre-E.

Possibly labor, but we'll have to wait and see on that one!

• I dont' think anything will prevent me from getting KU again. Gas has been my worst symptom but even that isn't that bad.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Heartburn sucks.  Being diagnosed with PUPPs again (I've heard that you cannot get it after the first pregnancy--so I'm good there)

• imagemavilabride:
    hemorrhoids

This. This has been the one awful thing about my pregnancy.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Nothing in the world.   I have had a very easy pregnancy.   But I go past my due ...it may be a different thought.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • All the negative side effects I've had and can't say I wouldn't do it again, the heartburn, constipation, and rib kicks haven't been fun, but it hasn't turned me off children. I would just do it over with another husband, can't really stand mine anymore.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • EANEAN member
    The fatigue.  It is horrible and try it with a 2 year old.
  • If you asked me this during my 1st trimester, I would have said my subchorionic hematoma. I had a blood clot in my uterus. For most women who have it, it just causes a little bleeding or they never notice it. In my case, I bled for 3 1/2 weeks and had a ton of nasty clots. Every time I went to the bathroom, it was like a nightmare relived. I still shutter when I think of all that blood I would see in the bowl and the clots. It was a 3 1/2 week m/c scare with the doctors just saying we had to "wait and see."

Back when this was happening, I said to DH how I don't know if I could go through that again. Fortunately, the clot went away and things have been great since then. I just worry because they say that women who get subchorionic hematomas are more likely to get them with future pregnancies. I guess if it happened again I would know what to expect but it was just so scary and sent me into a mini-depression.

I know it will all be worth it in the end so even with that, I would say I would do it again.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pregnology tickers.

Nothing really.  I know all of my annoying symptoms are only temporary.  I'm loving being pregnant.

But if I were to complain, I'd say the backne that's cropped up preveting me from wearing tank tops, the constant peeing and bouncing on my cervix.  Not fun, but it's managable. 

• Heartburn...and just feeling tired ALL the time!!!
  • My several months of straight diarrhea (think water?consistency) along with m/s. :P ?I'll still have one more but I think that will be it!
  • Back, Rib and now Pelvic pain! and Fatigue
  • First it would have been the horrible morning sickness in 1st trimester...but I was so wrong thinking that was the worst it could get.......

Then it would have been the complications so far, weekly doc visits, so many transvaginal U/S that I quit couting them months ago, the constant pressure and cramping, the meds that make me sick, the constant worry about going into PTL, the fact that I haven't worked since March b/c of complications, the contractions and severe cervical pain that makes me cry daily....

most recently it's the strict bedrest I am on (previously I was on modified).

This baby may be an only child although I have always wanted 2 kids.  I feel kind of selfish saying that but I am so frustrated and tired and in pain.

• afgafg member

I've had a very easy pregnancy so far, with only a few complaints cropping up the last few weeks but nothing major or worrisome.

So having said that, nothing at this point...I haven't made it through L&D yet though...

• imageJen&Carl:

pregnology tickers.

Lol... this!

I've had a relatively easy pregnancy so I don't think anything would make me think twice about having a second child.  However, I did not enjoy 1st tri fatigue or 3rd tri feet that are killing me!

• Just the whole thing. I feel bad because I have had a fairly easy pregnancy. No morning sickness, no complications, baby is healthy. There is seriously nothign to complain about besides normal aches and pains and some HB and sleep issues. I just dont like the restrictiveness of it, my body not being my body.
  • i have had nothing that bad to make me not want to do it again, but my bp is a slight concern and I hate the worrying about that...

i have the typical hb, swelling, dry heaves, insomnia...but small prices to pay to get a healthy baby in the end!! Hopefully my bp holds out at least another 3w so he can keep cooking!!

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • LI444LI444 member
    My worrying about the baby.  We lost our first baby and so every single time I think I haven't felt movement in a while, or in the first trimester and I had no concrete thing to hold onto to know that the baby was fine, I panic and get teary.  I want to have maybe two or three more, but I'm still scared of losing this little guy.
  • I don't think it will stop me from having more kids...

BUT - the incredible morning sickness that I'm STILL going through. SERIOUSLY..just stop already!  I'm still puking on antinausea meds. not cool.  I can't quite imagine having a two year old around when I puke this much... unless DH gets a different job where he can either stay home or take LO with him... OR we have soem awesome people who can help out.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Nothing, for the most part I have really enjoyed being pregnant. The hormones have made me really really calm and it's quite nice seeing how I am a big bundle of anxities usually.

I can't wait to start this all over again in a couple years. 

Now I say that at 37 weeks, who knows how I will feel about the labor part of pregnancy! lol

• I've really had a very easy pregnancy...there isn't one thing that would keep me from having another baby.
  • everything, it started out with morning sickness, then pelvic pain then leg cramps.. lol and i am not a fan of being huge and hungry all the time. . . i wish the stork really did bring babies.. it would be so much better that way... well for me anyways.
  • the horror and fear at gushing cups of blood at 23 weeks, which is up there with meeting with the neonatologist while hospitalized for the next 9 days and making decisions about resuscitation

giving myself painful Lovenox shots 2x/day since 6 weeks, puking 1-7x/day during 1st tri, bed rest since the placental abruption, and SPD from helll have nothing on those

• Well, nothing stopped me from having another one. Even feeling the pain right now, I still want one more. However, the back/pevlic pain has been ridiculous this time around! Having an extra 22 lbs tacked onto your hip or on top of your bump doesn't help!

Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • I really can't think of anything, although I fully admit that I have had a very easy pregnancy. Very little m/s and only one minor spotting incident.

Baby E: July 3, 2009 Baby M: February 22, 2012
  • I would have to say the worst part of my pregnancy was getting a horrendous cold this winter. Couldn't take anything to un-plug my sinuses and with the heater running and drying out the air at night, I couldn't breathe, so I essentially didn't sleep for almost a month and a half.

Everything else (m/s, pelvic pain, etc.) was pretty minor in comparison....:P

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"