Eco-Friendly Family

I got my Crunchy clean, and I'm not sure I'm a fan

It smells nice (baby bee) but WAY too strong. ?I think I got used to unscented detergent, and now it drives me nuts. ?

Does the smell get less overpowering after a while? My whole basement smells!?

Re: I got my Crunchy clean, and I'm not sure I'm a fan

• If you leave the bag open, the scent will dissipate.  Even at full strength (smell-wise), your laundry probably won't smell like the scent after it's finished with the wash/dry cycle. 
  • papiepapie member

Thanks Glad, I'll try that.

Btw, did you see my post below? I LOVE my diaper! ?got it today and it is so pretty and so soft! ?I can't wait to put it on Anna. ??

• Loading the player...
  • imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    If you leave the bag open, the scent will dissipate.  Even at full strength (smell-wise), your laundry probably won't smell like the scent after it's finished with the wash/dry cycle. 

This.

Also, some scents are far more fragrant than others.  A lot of the scents people rave about on here are not my favorites because they do have a stronger scent.  I try a different scent almost every time so I can find The One.  Haven't yet found one I dislike, but some are more subtle than others (more my preference).

• imagepapie:

Btw, did you see my post below? I LOVE my diaper!  got it today and it is so pretty and so soft!  I can't wait to put it on Anna.   

::runs to go look for the post!::

• papiepapie member
    imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    imagepapie:

Btw, did you see my post below? I LOVE my diaper! ?got it today and it is so pretty and so soft! ?I can't wait to put it on Anna. ??

::runs to go look for the post!::

I bumped it, so it is around here somewhere. ?:)?

• papiepapie member
    imagemdjunebride:

imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    If you leave the bag open, the scent will dissipate.? Even at full strength (smell-wise), your laundry probably won't smell like the scent after it's finished with the wash/dry cycle.?

This.

Also, some scents are far more fragrant than others.? A lot of the scents people rave about on here are not my favorites because they do have a stronger scent.? I try a different scent almost every time so I can find The One.? Haven't yet found one I dislike, but some are more subtle than others (more my preference).

I don't like ordering small quantities, so I probably have enough until the end of the summer, lol. ?But I'll try a different smell next time :)?

• It's never a good idea to order mass quantities of anything without sampling it first.  I order Crisp & Candied and Apple Vanilla and looooove the way it makes my whole basement smell like cinnamon and apples.  I *wish* it smelled stronger on the clothes.

You should probably try one of the EO scents, something that smells more "natural" if you don't like the sweeter fragrances.

• papiepapie member
    imageMrs.KittyCat:

It's never a good idea to order mass quantities of anything without sampling it first.? I order Crisp & Candied and Apple Vanilla and looooove the way it makes my whole basement smell like cinnamon and apples.? I *wish* it smelled stronger on the clothes.

?You should probably try one of the EO scents, something that smells more "natural" if you don't like the sweeter fragrances.

I like the smell, I just don't like how MUCH it smells. ?I find it annoying, but it is really not the end of the world. ?

I just find that shipping small quantities across the continent kinda defeats the EFpurpose, ya know??

• imagepapie:
    imagemdjunebride:

imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    If you leave the bag open, the scent will dissipate.  Even at full strength (smell-wise), your laundry probably won't smell like the scent after it's finished with the wash/dry cycle. 

This.

Also, some scents are far more fragrant than others.  A lot of the scents people rave about on here are not my favorites because they do have a stronger scent.  I try a different scent almost every time so I can find The One.  Haven't yet found one I dislike, but some are more subtle than others (more my preference).

I don't like ordering small quantities, so I probably have enough until the end of the summer, lol.  But I'll try a different smell next time :) 

Yeah I always buy a full size myself, and buy one diaper, one regular each time.  Only once have I passed ont he bag to a friend because the scent was too much for me.  I usually let it air out and then use until the end.  I pour into glass canisters so overnight I can leave open and the bag does hold some of the scent. Smile

• Do you guys really only use 1/2 tablespoon for HE machines? It seems like so little. Does it get the dipes clean?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sherpasherpa member

imageGladToBeMrs.SRS:
    If you leave the bag open, the scent will dissipate.? Even at full strength (smell-wise), your laundry probably won't smell like the scent after it's finished with the wash/dry cycle.?

THIS. When I washed my diapers they didn't come out with a scent at all but I did an extra rinse on them too.?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"