3rd Trimester

what to put on a penis

I'm going to Wal-mart tomorrow and would like to start buying the small stuff like ointments.  What do you put on a fresh circumcised penis?  Somewhere I heard to put vasoline and gauze.  Will the hospital provide me the gauze, and if not then what kind/size of gauze?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Collin 7.26.09   Sarah 6.18.11   Sammy 5.30.13

Re: what to put on a penis

• :giggles at your post title::  I'm not sure... sorry I'm no help... lol... just immature because I was thinking.... ummm... a vagina... and after this baby is born... a condom...
  • I don't have any suggestions...

However, I give you a Yes for your post title. lol.

• Loading the player...
  • kellimkellim member
    hehe i knew the title might draw attention
    Collin 7.26.09   Sarah 6.18.11   Sammy 5.30.13
  • Im sure the hospital will fill you in on the proper way to care for it. They may send you home with everything you need. I dont know!  Ask 0-6
  • I don't know the answer, I just wanted to say that I thought your post title said "WANT to put on a penis" and I was wondering why in the world you wanted to put on a penis. 
  • image*Bee*:
    I don't know the answer, I just wanted to say that I thought your post title said "WANT to put on a penis" and I was wondering why in the world you wanted to put on a penis. 

This really made me lol! Dh thinks Im crazy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • vaseline and the small gauze pads. You open the gauze pad, coat it in vaseline,  and put it over the penis. That is all you need supply wise, and you wont need a ton, it heals up very quickly.
  • image*Bee*:
    I don't know the answer, I just wanted to say that I thought your post title said "WANT to put on a penis" and I was wondering why in the world you wanted to put on a penis. 

This made me pee a little.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • A&D Ointment and gauze squares... that's what our hospital had us do. I've heard nothing too... just depends on who you ask. It worked for us though and he didn't seem to be uncomfortable.
  • imagethequeeenbee:

I don't have any suggestions...

However, I give you a Yes for your post title. lol.

This.

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • A friend of mine recommended A&D Ointment.
  • imagekellim:
    I'm going to Wal-mart tomorrow and would like to start buying the small stuff like ointments.  What do you put on a fresh circumcised penis?  Somewhere I heard to put vasoline and gauze.  Will the hospital provide me the gauze, and if not then what kind/size of gauze?

BECAUSE I AM CURRENTLY DEALING WITH A CIRCUMCISED PEPPY..

we just use vaseline on the circumcision area and I also coat the front of his Pampers Swaddles as well, to prevent the peppy from sticking.

There really isn't much else you can do. He is doing wonderful! Also to clean the area... we just rinse it well with lukewarm water. His is healing very nicely!!

• I saw this post title and all I could think of was "pants"...:D lol I dunno about any of you, but I dont wanna see a naked penis around me for a very very long time.

• We have a 6 day old boy and the hospital gave us bacitracin. We put it on him every time we change the dipaer, so you might want to stock up on that.

• vasaline and gauze the 2x2inch squares will do, and my hospital sent me home with them...actually vasaline too...but you might as well just buy some because it is great to have around for many purposes!

• I found vaseline to be kind of hard to work with. It's not very soft...The hospital gave us something that came in little foil packets that was very easy to spread. This time around I'll make sure to grab a ton of it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is what the rabbi who will be performing my son's Bris has on his website:

Condition of the penis following circumcision

During the days following the brit you may see several things on the penis, all of which are considered normal. All of these conditions will resolve themselves within a week or less.

1. The head of the penis will be red or purple.
    2. During the first day a slight discharge of bloody fluid (about the size of a dime or smaller) may be visible on the gauze pad covering the penis, or perhaps in the diaper.
    3. There may be some swelling of the softer tissue behind the head of the penis.
    4. There may be secretion of mucous that accumulates on the head or shaft of the penis which will look like scabs or bumps that are off-white or gray in color. The secretion might look like pus, but it is not. Do not attempt to remove it from the penis, since doing so might cause discomfort. Just leave it alone and it will go away.

Post-circumcision care

Begin this procedure immediately and continue it for three full days (72 hours).

1. Place a generous amount of vaseline (about the size of a large olive) on a fresh 3x3 gauze pad; spread the vaseline from edge to edge on the gauze pad. With the penis pointing downward (resting on the scrotum) place the vaseline coated gauze pad over the penis to form a barrier between the penis and the diaper. Do not wrap or bandage the penis with the gauze pad.
    2. Do not clean the penis.
    3. Three times a day (morning, noon and night) add a small amount of anti-bacterial ointment on top of (not instead of) the vaseline.
    4. You may begin bathing your baby after discontinuing the gauze pad applications, provided that the umbilical cord has fallen off.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"