3rd Trimester

RP: Questions/comments you should never ask or make at a pregnant girl

1) Over the past two weeks I've got asked two questions that you should not ask a pregnant stranger. While getting my eyebrows waxed, the girl was talking about being pregnant and such. She then proceeds to ask me how much weight I've gained. Um...none of your buisness, but I was polite and answered. She then says "Has your doctor told you to that that is a lot of weight?" Thanks biatch.

2) While shopping for the remainder of DH's fathers day present, the store clerk asks when I'm due and I say 9 days. Then he comes back with "Are you having twins?" Really a-hole...do I look that big? I wanted to say "No, I have an approx 7lb human in my belly that's why my belly is large!" But, again I politley answered "No".

It seriously makes the think that people do not think before they speak.

Re: RP: Questions/comments you should never ask or make at a pregnant girl

• You should also not act overly surprised at a pg woman's stretch marks just because you didn't get them when you had your boobs done. ( This wonderful reaction came from my SIL yesterday)
  • I'm, surprisingly, not bothered by comments like that b/c I chalk it up to ignorance or pure stupidity, but I cannot stand the "oh you just wait and see" comments regarding anything in terms of birth, parenting, etc.  That makes me want to slap someone.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am positive that most people don't bother to think before speaking! The same goes for stretch marks. I don't appreciate being asked if I have any.
  • Oh I hear you!  I've been on the dumb question train for the last several days.  Seriously, the qustions are starting to get really old and I'm also tired of the fact that I keep getting asked if I am due today...I'm not THAT big. 
  • imageSquishycheeks:
    You should also not act overly surprised at a pg woman's stretch marks just because you didn't get them when you had your boobs done. ( This wonderful reaction came from my SIL yesterday)

I still find that comment hilarious.  Purely stupid, but hilarious!

• "Are you sure it's a girl?  You're 'carrying' like a boy."

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• lol

I think along those same lines "are you ready to pop?" is another question to never, ever ask a pregnant woman, especially one with 8 weeks to go. My snarky answer would be, well, I'm not going to pop but I will be giving birth.

Oh, and the other one that should never be asked "are you sure you're not further along than you think you are, because you're pretty big for X weeks?" Yeah, no. I know when I ovulated so I'm pretty sure about his gestational age, thank you very much.

And last but not least "you're going to have a big baby" based solely on the size of my belly.

GRRRRRRR- people are S-T-U-P-I-D!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sherpasherpa member
    My favorite still is "Was it planned?"?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJCM083009:
    I'm, surprisingly, not bothered by comments like that b/c I chalk it up to ignorance or pure stupidity, but I cannot stand the "oh you just wait and see" comments regarding anything in terms of birth, parenting, etc.  That makes me want to slap someone.

YES!  Absolutely.  A co-worker of DH's responded by saying "just wait and see, once you try a disposable diaper you won't go back" after DH told him we plan on using CD.  He also said he would get us a whole bunch of disposables as a gift.  Thanks ahole.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..."
  • Oh wait, I have another one. "Are you excited?" My DH gets that one more than me but both of us get that one all the time.

WTH? I mean, if we're not excited it doesn't really do much good to ask us that. And, it's hard to act excited about something when you're standing in the grocery line or waiting to buy something at the store. Yes, I'm excited. Just because I don't have a grin on my face 24-7 doesn't mean I'm not excited about the baby.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBuddhaKitty:

"Are you sure it's a girl?  You're 'carrying' like a boy."

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get this all the time as well! Sooo irritating!

• I am having twins and when people ask me when I'm due, etc. I tell them the date and that I'm having 2 boys.  Their response is usually "oh thank god."  What's that supposed to mean?!? 

Just because we have a large bump in front of our bodies shouldn't give people the right to say what they want to us. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hear ya, my SIL, who i am not close with at all emailed me this morning just to ask how much weight I've gained.
    ~Kimberly & Eric~ April 21, 2008 ~Tensing Pen ~ Negril, Jamaica ~ My Blog: One Sunset at a Time
  • I got the twins question twice in two days from two different people last week. Seriously?! Eff off. I realize that a 9 month pregnant woman out in public is a shocking sight and you're not used to how big we are but keep your dumb thoughts to yourself.

At 33 weeks I also got the "Are you having a gigantic baby?!" question. From a mom of a 2 month old. NOT COOL.

• imageJCM083009:
    I'm, surprisingly, not bothered by comments like that b/c I chalk it up to ignorance or pure stupidity, but I cannot stand the "oh you just wait and see" comments regarding anything in terms of birth, parenting, etc.  That makes me want to slap someone.

UGH I HATE "Just you wait"!!!! LOL! That is seriously the WORST! I hate the other kind of questions too, but "just you wait" makes me want to kick them!

A classmate of mine recently asked how pregnancy was affecting my sex life. She also told me that once the baby drops, then it will be easier for me to breathe but I will have to pee all the time.... hmm I thought I was peeing pretty darn often now. But she's probably an expert since she has no kids and has never been pregnant before!

• My faves are "Are you excited?", "Are you ready?" (umm, no we are 6 weeks away from a due date and haven't done a THING yet!), "You have ALL summer to be pregnant" and "What's his name?" (not telling, it's a secret) "Well, I won't tell anyone." Don't care.
  • imageJCM083009:
    She also told me that once the baby drops, then it will be easier for me to breathe but I will have to pee all the time.... hmm I thought I was peeing pretty darn often now. But she's probably an expert since she has no kids and has never been pregnant before!

Actually, that IS true! I also pee all the time, but all my books AND my childbirth instructor tells me that exactly this happens, and that 1st time moms usually drop b/w 2-4 weeks before they have their LOs. Sorry to burst your bubble - I keep wondering how its humanely possible to pee any more than I do now!

• You're my labor buddy!!

Seriously, I thought only my rude and dumb students asked stuff like that. Sorry that some adults who should know better have said that stuff to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"