3rd Trimester

Attention c-section bound Mommas!

Have you seen the abdomend? Its a compression binder for postpartum support. I want one desperately because i was in so much pain after my last c-section but the kit is $70+!!! I just wonder if its worth it. Have you used it before or know someone who has. I have 2 weeks to go before the scheduled cesarean and Im not sure if I should get it or not! Thanks!

Re: Attention c-section bound Mommas!

• I bought one and used it and it hurt worse. But thats just my experience
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm planning on getting the Belly Bandit =D
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard good things about things like that (even on The Doctors, they talked about it).  Didn't try it with my first c/s but I was thinking about getting one this time around, too.
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • No, I have not seen this.  But I could see why it would be so nice to have.

I have had 3 other abdominal surgeries before my last c-sec and they always wrapped me in a support belt.  I got to wear it home and would wear it for a couple of weeks.  It felt so good and helped hold everythign in.  I was expecting this after my c-sec, and nope.  It really felt like everything was just hanging out and it hurt. 

I go in for my c-sec today, but I would consider it if I had known sooner.  My only question, is there some reason they don't have us wear one?  Like it would disrupt our belly/uterus shrinking or something?  Don't know, just a thought.

Good luck!

• Ask your doctor!  When I was leaving the hospital, my dr had a nurse give me some kind of compression belt with velcro from the hospital... I'm going to ask for it this time, just in case they don't offer it up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"