2nd Trimester

How much weight have you gained so far?

ok ladies, give it up. I am barely 15 weeks and I have gained 9-10 pounds. The first trimester I only gained 3-4 pounds but the last few weeks 5 pounds, ouch. I hope this fast weight gain doesn't continue or I will be in trouble.

Re: How much weight have you gained so far?

• 21 lbs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A little less than 20 pounds.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not a big fan of the scale, but when I checked on Monday, I gained about a pound.
  • im still down by 4.
  • That is none of your business.

However, your wedding pictures are just gorgeous.You were such a beautiful bride.

Also, try not to stress over your weight gain already. As long as your doctor is okay with it, and you and baby are healthy,  that is all that matters.

• Down 5 from prepreg but I was down 11 so I have gained around 6 or so back.  I was fluffy to begin with so I have extra to give.
  • I am -2 lbs at 20weeks.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • A billion point 5 pounds
  • 7, but I had lost about 5 or so 1st tri.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 26 weeks tomorrow, and have gained 22 lbs.
  • 35 lbs, but I'm having twins. I refuse to weight myself at home, the only time I see my weight is at dr apts. I'm going to gain it reguardless so why even bother thinking about it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • about 9 or 10 lbs.

I'm figuring I will end up at 35-40 lbs. I had a brutal first tri where the only thing that helped with the nausea was eating lots of carbs. So I did.

My midwife says I am doing just fine. Sure, it is scary to gain weight like this but I'm eating pretty well and still very active.

• I don't know exactly how much but I know that I'm gaining weight.  My doctor told me I am gaining the right amount at the right time but I didn't ask how much...I was too scared to ask...LOL!
  • 22, but I was underweight to begin with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 40 pounds..not kidding.

And I hate weight posts, but I hope this post shows you that everyone is DIFFERENT and you cannot compare your gains to others.

Confused

• ::head laptop::

SERIOUSLY?? Google this "weight" stuff. I understand you want a comparison to see how you're doin'... but these threads can be pretty unsettling to some.

What's important is that you're HEALTHY.

I weigh myself NEVER. A scale doesn't exist at our house. 

I can still hop on the elliptical machine for an hour or hike my dogs for a coupla hours. That's all I know.

And that my husband enjoys my a$$ regardless of it's new shape.

• UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH.
  • 10lbs - all in the last 6-8 weeks.
  • I lost 3 the first tri, and gained 6 at my last appt, so I guess that is 3lbs total.  I had been pretty sick though...so Im sure that will pick up, my doc was just glad that I had gained!
  • Pizza
    Gabriel :: Born on his due date - 9/19/09 :: 9lb 8oz, 21"Birth Storysig4 copyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've gained 70 lbs.   LMAO!!! 

• I'm up 16.5 at 15 weeks and the doctor told me yesterday that he is not worried about it AT ALL. ?I actually had to ask him if it was a problem and he said no - based on my weight and activity level pre-PG (training for marathons), he expected a decent gain and said not to worry. ?You should ask your doctor, not a message board because this is a super-variable question.

At least my weight gain will make everyone feel better. ?I have yet to see people gain as much as early!?

• imagewhitdog23:

I'm up 16.5 at 15 weeks and the doctor told me yesterday that he is not worried about it AT ALL.  I actually had to ask him if it was a problem and he said no - based on my weight and activity level pre-PG (training for marathons), he expected a decent gain and said not to worry.  You should ask your doctor, not a message board because this is a super-variable question.

At least my weight gain will make everyone feel better.  I have yet to see people gain as much as early! 

I beat you :) Check out my chart I posted in a thread above this one. I was up 20 pounds when I was as far along as you are....

• imageaubergebride:
    ok ladies, give it up. I am barely 15 weeks and I have gained 9-10 pounds. The first trimester I only gained 3-4 pounds but the last few weeks 5 pounds, ouch. I hope this fast weight gain doesn't continue or I will be in trouble.
    I have gained the same amount, and my doctor was not concerned at all. I gained it all in 1st tri (carbs kept the morning sickness away), and haven't gained since, and that worried me, but a lot of the initial weight was bloat, and now the bloat is leaving and the baby weight is evening it out.  I wouldn't worry too much- and your appetite will change. Right now, all I want is green salads with fruit in them, so I'm sure that is also part of why my gain has slowed so much.
  • -30. I was sick, and up a little from fertility treatments. I only gained 9 with DS though, and lost 39 in the first two weeks PP. I not skinny while not pregnant. Pregnancy speeds my metabolism I think.
  • I'm not telling. Stick out tongue
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I actually dont mind the weight posts...

I dont think there is anything wrong with discussing it. You SHOULD pay attention to what you are gaining, pregnancy is not a weight gain free for all. And gaining too little or too much is not good. So whats the problem? Dont open it if you have issues with weight posts!

And to answer op, I have gained about 3 pounds so far.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 10-12ish total. Almost all of that was in the first tri, no morning sickness for me. I freaked out a little bit, as it seemed like a lot compared to people I know. For the last six weeks I've maybe gained a pound of two. I haven't been eating any differently, so I'm not sure why the slow down.  I'd like to keep my weight gain at 25lbs max, so I am glad that the weight gain trend didn't continue. However I stil have 20 weeks left, who knows what I'll really top out at :(
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • 9lbs at 17w
  • imageAhappygilmore:

I actually dont mind the weight posts...

I dont think there is anything wrong with discussing it. You SHOULD pay attention to what you are gaining, pregnancy is not a weight gain free for all. And gaining too little or too much is not good. So whats the problem? Dont open it if you have issues with weight posts!

And to answer op, I have gained about 3 pounds so far.

I agree with you about paying attention to weight gain, discussing weight gain, and it not being a free for all. Even if you've only gained 3lbs:P  Weight gain is a very real topic for pregnant women. I don't see what is wrong with discussing it in an environment where a lot of other women are going through the same thing. It's called group support. People know the post content by the title. Simply don't open it. It is possible to keep some comments to yourself.

• 9.5 pounds so far
  • 22 lbs and PROUD OFF IT
  • I am at 13 weeks and gained 5 pounds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"