3rd Trimester

Makeup during labor?

Do you plan to wear makeup during labor at the hospital? I'm thinking it would be nice to have some on since so many pictures will be taken. I also know that it will probably be smeared and sweat off by the time baby arrives...then I'll be too exhausted to wash it off/clean myself up.

What are your makeup or no makeup plans?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Makeup during labor?

• waterproof mascara

and thats IT

• It depends on when I go into labor. If it's during the day then I will be wearing it anyway and if it's at night then no!.

• Loading the player...
  • Hell no!  Make-up is the last thing I'll be thinking about.  I may bring some lip gloss or something for after the baby arrives though.  I'm assuming I'll want to wash my face an freshen up.  If I feel like crap, a clean face and a bit of gloss might make me feel better. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I won't be wearing makeup.   But I do plan to use baby powder on my face, just because I'll be sweating, etc.
  • I don't anticipate very many (if any) pictures being taken of me when I'm actually in labor.

The pictures will be once the baby is here, and no matter what I look like at the beginning, I'm pretty sure I'll look awful by the time I've actually given birth.

I'll put makeup on once I shower after delivery, but I'm not going to worry about it before labor!  (If I happen to go into labor during the day and I already have makeup on, I won't take it off or anything, but I won't be applying makeup while I'm in labor.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • I know when the time comes it will probably be the last thing on my mind, but I would really like to put on some make up before I go into labor!  There will be lots of pictures taken and stuff and I want to look cute.  After giving birth and sweating though it may not look so good anymore though...

I don't know.  It seems like a good idea but I just don't think I'll end up doing it.

• If I've already been out and about that day, then the makeup will just melt off. If I haven't been anywhere? Nope, it'll just be a mess. I'll bring some light foundation and lip gloss in case I do care after the fact, but I doubt I will until the next day. Smile
  • Well, since I'll almost definitely be a scheduled C, I'll sure as heck be wearing makeup!  But, if I was going to get the chance to go into labor spontaneously, I'd probably just stay however I was....if it's 2am like with my son, I'm not going to stop and put on my face, lol!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wear make-up during the day, but not when I'm exercising or anything like that so I would probably rather have it off.  I washed my face when I was in labor with DS, but pictures of me afterwards showed I could have probably used some! 
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
  • Sadly, I've been thinking about this way too much. I don't wear a lot to begin with but I'll probably put on some waterproof mascara. I wear Bare Minerals so maybe i'll brush on some mineral veil so i'm not all shiny.
  • My plan is to take a shower, blow dry & straighten my hair & put on waterproof mascara before going to the hospital.
  • chapstick  =)
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • When I thought I was in labor with DD, but wasn't quite sure yet if that was "it," I decided to put on some makeup so I'd look decent in pictures.  I guess I'm vain, but at least I don't look horrible  :)
  • imagechankins14:
    My plan is to take a shower, blow dry & straighten my hair & put on waterproof mascara before going to the hospital.

I did all of this when I had DS.

But no pics were taken of me until hours later after DS was here... and you could not tell I'd done all of that. LOL

I'll do it again though, if I can.

• unless it's already on I won't be wearing any
  • Definitely no makeup, but then I rarely wear it to begin with.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes I will wear makeup & I'm not ashamed to say it!  I wear it everyday & no matter how tired or sweaty I'll be during labor & delivery I want to at least attempt to look my best for pictures, etc.
  • Depends on the type of labor I have.  If it's really slow in coming and I'm at home for quite awhile, I'll probably take a minute and put on some under-eye concealer (I always have dark circles under my eyes since I've gotten pregnant).  If my water breaks in the middle of the night, I'll just head to the hospital.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • no make up...don't want to worry about it getting messed up like you said...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had make-up on the first time around, and let me tell you, it was not pretty. Give me a bare face over streaky raccoon eyes anyday. I won't even show anyone our first family picture because I look like a truck hit me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Easy no makeup since I only wear it for really special occations.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Nope. I think I will be more concerned on how my hair looks.
  • PeskyPesky member
    No makeup.  It can be a lengthy process and yeah, I'd smear or smudge it everywhere.  Plus I really want to show the kid later how spent I was after giving birth -- helps with later guilt for him.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• My best friend has put herself on make-up duty.  She seems to think that I'm going to allow to "pretty" me up for pictures.  I'm sure that at that point, I won't care! 
  • I plan to because I don't leave my house without it. That being said, I'm not a mascara/lipstick person, my makeup is mainly to make my bad skin look good, not to make me looked dolled up. If I'm too tired to wash it off, then one night wearing makeup to bed won't kill me. At worst I'll have a new pimple or two the next day. More likely than not it'll all be sweated off anyway.

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's a 45 minute drive to the hospital, so maybe I'll brush some bare minerals on while headed there.  Definitely won't "not leave the house until I 'have my face on' (grandma quote =))" though! 
  • Me being me, I think I might put on some light make up so I don't look totally gross in pictures--it'll probably wear off but I'd rather try anyway.  hehe.
  • no...maybe chapstick?

i normally have a full face-foundation/powder/blush/shadow/tons of eyeliner...but not at the hospital..lol..

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Considering I plan to make use of the shower in the L&D room to help with the pain (I'm told it helps) I don't plan on wearing any makeup. However, I normally don't wear makeup?even though I should. I look good with makeup.

Heck, if I sweat?and I probably will?my hair will be a mess anyway. So I just may quickly blow dry my bangs after I give birth (5 minutes) and THEN have the family portrait after the baby is all cleaned up.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Burt's Beeswax and freshly washed hair is my "beauty" plan.

• I don't wear makeup anyway, so I doubt I'll wear it at the hospital. Seems like a waste.
  • eaa18eaa18 member
    Im being induced, so YES, I will be prepping for the occasion, I dont go anywhere without makeup and that day will not be an exception!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"