Babies: 9 - 12 Months

My embarrassing reaction (long)

I'm a teacher and today we had a half day. Right after dismissing the kids I was walking to lunch with a couple of other teachers. As we walked around the front of the building there were still a bunch of parents waiting for their kids.

As we're walking past them I hear a newborn baby start crying and I turn around to look. There is nobody attempting to comfort him or standing near the stroller. He now starts screaming at the top of his lungs. I walk over to see who he belongs to and none of the parents are claiming him. It's now a full 2 minutes (felt like years) and he is screaming and getting so upset that I start to get upset.

I didn't want to pick him up so I was rocking the stroller and I swear I was about to pick him and the other teachers are telling me not to...mom comes running down the stairs. She was inside the building, YES inside! I walked away and started bawling. I was so embarrassed but I literally couldn't hold it back. I was so upset that she left her newborn outside alone to cry.

I've had a yucky feeling all day now. 

Samantha Isabelle Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Elle KateLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: My embarrassing reaction (long)

• Honestly I would have taken him, while calling the cops. Better you than someone who would have hurt the poor kid. :(
  • OMG!!! seriously WTF is wrong with people?? she couldln't freaking roll the stroller inside with her???
  • Loading the player...
  • Believe me I felt like it but there were tons of parents and kids around. Of course none of them were watching her kid but I certainly wasn't going to start that kind of drama in the place where I work.
    Samantha Isabelle Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Elle KateLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • There are about 10 steps going up the to the front of the school so she couldn't have rolled it up. One would think she would just leave the stroller and take her kid but I guess her faulty thinking was that someone would take the stroller?? 

I was literally hysterical after it happened. Probably a wee bit dramatic but I was really upset. 

• I would have been extremely upset as well, I think you had a normal reaction!  I would not have been able to hold back, workplace or not, I would have said something to the "mother".
  • um you were nicer than I would be.  I would have called social services.  She is putting her kid at risk
  • Oh. My. God!  I cannot imagine anyone doing that...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"