1st Trimester

Busting out of my pants!

I think I'm going to get a bella band on my lunch break today.  My work pants are too tight to button due to the bloat and a lot of my shirts are really tight.  It's amazing what half a cup size will do to the way your clothes fit.  I've been wearing my pants unbuttoned or safety pinned since I really only need that little half inch to inch, but I may check out the bella band because I think it's only going to get worse!  I have very narrow hips so I don't think going up a size in pants is going to work for me.  Any other ideas on modifying your wardrobe for the office?  I'm thinking of wearing sports bras under some of my shirts to flatten me out a little! 

Re: Busting out of my pants!

• I bought the bella band this weekend and have it on today.  It is great!  My pants fit for the most part, its mainly when I sit down that I feel like I am busting out of my pants also.  Go get the bella band, I bought one in both white and black. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I went to the doctor a few days ago, and he said my uterus felt way too big for me to only be 8w4d. So he ordered an U/S and my uterus is anteverted, meaning it pushes out against my stomach and makes me bigger. The U/S technician told me I need to buy maternity clothes now. I thought I was just bloated! :(  So I bought some maternity clothes from Old Navy, they are the CUTEST and so so cheap! Now I just need to get my belly band because I want to wear the pants I already have.
  • Loading the player...
  • The first place I gain weight normally is in my stomach.  Usually I cut back on carbs and alcohol if I am feeling bloated pre-pregnancy.  I'm not drinking at all anymore obviously but I'm not going to cut carbs since I am listening to my body.  I will probably try to eat more veggies though.  From what I understand, the bloat is natural.  I think I can be creative and hide it for a month and a half more.  I'm thinking of waiting until 14 weeks though to break the news at the office.  We'll see how I look at that point. 

• I just ordered one this weekend from JCpenny.com. They were on sale and I found a coupon code online for 15% off. If you can make it through the week you may try that. (I have a rubberband on my pants today b/c I woke up to no pants fitting yesterday!)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Truth be told I am rocking a maternity shirt today that I got in a lot on eBay.  It's more summery than the rest of the lot, so I figured why not?  It's super cute and comfy and I already got compliments from coworkers.  That said, I think I might look into some sort of band (for plus size mammas-to-be) since some days my pants are tighter than others, and I have lost 5 lbs.  It reallyh depends upon my bloat, which is up high, between my belly button and sternum. 
  • I just ordered one this weekend from JCpenny.com. They were on sale and I found a coupon code online for 15% off. If you can make it through the week you may try that. (I have a rubberband on my pants today b/c I woke up to no pants fitting yesterday!)

The rubberband trick won't work on my work pants because they all button and then tab over not like jeans!!  I think dresses are my best bet.

• Heck, I'm already wearing maternity tops. My pants still fit ok for the most part since my bloat is up higher, but my pre-pregnancy tops looks way too snug on the bottom. I'm much more comfortable this way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"