3rd Trimester

I tried to post this as a clicky poll...

But I got all done, and hit post, and... nothing.

How would you pronounce this name?

Because a lot of people are doing it wrong. And the baby names board is super slow. And, I love you guys.

So, the baby's name is going to be Cara.

1. Care-a

2. Car-a (C sounds like a "K")

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: I tried to post this as a clicky poll...

• Care-ah.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • i would guess #2... but with that name I know people will end up mis-pronouncing it constanty. Some might even pronounce it as "Sara"
  • I would pronounce it like Care-ah, but I'm sure it's Car-ah right? My dd will get her name mispronounced A LOT!! I did as well, it's just what happens when your name isn't common.
  • Car-a (but mostly because I like that one best. :) )
  • KAIR- UH!

How do you want it pronounced?

• I know someone named Cara and she pronounces it like number 2.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • To me, "Cara" = care-uh

But I am confused b/c both are said w/ the C sounding like a K.....

• imageJCM083009:

To me, "Cara" = care-uh

This.

• imageJCM083009:

To me, "Cara" = care-uh

I see what you're saying. It is Care-uh, like the little girl on J&K+8, for lack of a better reference. And to make matters worse, her MN is Lynn, so I'm afraid it will sound like "Caroline" when said together...

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'd say Care-uh, because everyone I know with that spelling - whether it's a C or a K, says it that way so it's my frame of reference.
    Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Option number one, though I have known people by both names.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Care-uh.  I think that if I saw it spelled Kara I'd be more likely to say Car-uh. 
  • imagecmyers6278:
    imageJCM083009:

To me, "Cara" = care-uh

I see what you're saying. It is Care-uh, like the little girl on J&K+8, for lack of a better reference. And to make matters worse, her MN is Lynn, so I'm afraid it will sound like "Caroline" when said together...

I think in general it's pretty well known that Cara is pronounced how you are wanting it.  It COULD be the other one, but all the Cara's I've known spell it that way and pronounce it that way, so I probably wouldn't worry all that much about it. Cara Lynn.... hmm when said together it DOES sound like Carolyn (not Caroline though, which those are 2 different names to me), but that's something you have to decide if you mind or not. You will probably be the only ones really using BOTH of her names, you know? 

• imageJCM083009:
    imagecmyers6278:
    imageJCM083009:

To me, "Cara" = care-uh

I think in general it's pretty well known that Cara is pronounced how you are wanting it.  It COULD be the other one, but all the Cara's I've known spell it that way and pronounce it that way, so I probably wouldn't worry all that much about it. Cara Lynn.... hmm when said together it DOES sound like Carolyn (not Caroline though, which those are 2 different names to me), but that's something you have to decide if you mind or not. You will probably be the only ones really using BOTH of her names, you know? 

That's true... makes me wonder why MIL still pronounces it Car-a even thought I have verbally corrected her several times. Oh well.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Cara absolutely no question.
  • Care-a...Car-a sounds made up, imo.

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • One of the teachers in my school is named Cara she pronunces Kara
  • I would pronounce it like #2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board