3rd Trimester
Options

Dooce anyone? (crazy baby name!)

https://twitter.com/dooce

https://dooce.com/

"Lil Donette Butternut Armstrong has arrived! 7lbs 15 oz., 21 inches!"

Umm, is that her real name? She has her name posted and writes about her other daughter so I see no reason why she wouldn't post her baby's real name. But Donette Butternut??? I hope it's a joke.

Re: Dooce anyone? (crazy baby name!)

• Options

LOL.....she just posted this.....

"The baby's non-confectionary name is coming soon, there are a few immediate family members we need to tell before we announce it."

sigh of relief for that pooooor baby. 

• Options
    imageaudreyp:

LOL.....she just posted this.....

"The baby's non-confectionary name is coming soon, there are a few immediate family members we need to tell before we announce it."

sigh of relief for that pooooor baby. 

Oh thank God! I didn't read more than the initial page so I'm glad it's just a silly name for the time being! After reading her blog for a while now, Donette Butternut didn't sound too far fetched for her. lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I PPH Dooce. Congrats to her!

Side note - has anyone read her book? LOVE it.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Dooce... like Duece?? I think of taking a duece.. like a poop. Not to be rude or anything... but is this how it is pronounced?? I am lost. LOL
  • Options

imagekima76:
    Dooce... like Duece?? I think of taking a duece.. like a poop. Not to be rude or anything... but is this how it is pronounced?? I am lost. LOL

Honestly I'm not sure. I stumbled across her blog this past fall and read it every so often - she's a nut. I pronounce in my head like Dah-che. I couldn't be soooo off though.

• Options

imagekima76:

yes.  Exactly like this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It's pronounced like deuce (doo-sss) -- like in cards.  It means "two," I'm pretty sure.  I think she has something on her site that explains why she chose that name (and the spelling).

I love her.  And I actually disagree -- I would find it very out of character if that name were real.  She's unconventional in some ways (like putting all of her life out there for the whole world to see and comment on), and she's prone to doing outrageous things merely to get a rise out of people, but I don't find her weird or particularly odd.  Her first daughter's name (Leta) is fairly traditional and is after an aunt, I believe.  I adore her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Options
    imageDarcyLongfellow:

It's pronounced like deuce (doo-sss) -- like in cards.  It means "two," I'm pretty sure.  I think she has something on her site that explains why she chose that name (and the spelling).

I love her.  And I actually disagree -- I would find it very out of character if that name were real.  She's unconventional in some ways (like putting all of her life out there for the whole world to see and comment on), and she's prone to doing outrageous things merely to get a rise out of people, but I don't find her weird or particularly odd.  Her first daughter's name (Leta) is fairly traditional and is after an aunt, I believe.  I adore her.

I have been reading her for YEARS!  Dooce is because she used to IM people at work and try to write Dude - like dooode but would get the D and C buttons mixed up.  

Agree, I love her too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"