3rd Trimester

If you already have a DC

Lately I have found myself becoming very emotional about my DS, about what a big boy he is, about how fast he has grown up, about the fact it won't just be him etc. I have been spending a lot of time looking at his baby pictures and reminiscing about the past. I am sure it is very normal but it almost hurts my heart! Of course I am happy and proud of him but it is overwhelming to think about the fact the really DO grow up and FAST! Just wondering if anybody else has been a weepy fool like me about this lately.

Re: If you already have a DC

• Is it wrong to agree with you but about my cats?
  • LOL Red, nah it's cool- get your alone time in with your cats now- they grow up so fast!!! Wink

• Loading the player...
  • I have totally been there... lol, I'm an emotional mess these days!
  • Dave is 13, Gootch is going to be 10 and Lil Red is going to be 6.

I'm aware that Dave is in his twilight years but I love him like an appendage and I would be lost without him. I'm just so happy that he gets to be a big brother to a non-fur baby. I just love him to pieces.?

• OMG yes its horrible.  I even asked DH last night what age he was at when it was "uncool" to still hug his mom.  I want to stop time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • PeskyPesky member
    Yes!  And BTW, totally felt like that about my cat before DD's arrival.  Actually still have been feeling that way especially as he is in poor health and is so old.  But yes, I look at DD and panic something may go wrong and I could never see her again, think how sad I am going to be not being able to enjoy the special one on one time we have so much (we'll still have it, just less) and simulataneously proud and sad that she is growing up and doesn't need me as much any more.  It seriously seems like just yesterday that DH and I were struggling through those first few weeks and wondering if she shouldn't be an only child because it was so hard.  And now we think we'd like more if they are like her!!!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• imageHeyyRed:

Dave is 13, Gootch is going to be 10 and Lil Red is going to be 6.

I'm aware that Dave is in his twilight years but I love him like an appendage and I would be lost without him. I'm just so happy that he gets to be a big brother to a non-fur baby. I just love him to pieces.?

• imageHeyyRed:

I'm aware that Dave is in his twilight years but I love him like an appendage and I would be lost without him. I'm just so happy that he gets to be a big brother to a non-fur baby. I just love him to pieces. 

• imageHeyyRed:

I'm aware that Dave is in his twilight years but I love him like an appendage and I would be lost without him. I'm just so happy that he gets to be a big brother to a non-fur baby. I just love him to pieces. 

Well Red it is a good thing you are popping out a human baby...one more cat and you could be considered borderline Crazy Cat Lady Big Smile

ETA: I don't know why I quoted you eleventybillion times just now

• Oh honey you are so sweet. I totally own the crazy in Crazy Cat Lady but thanks for pretending not to notice.?
  • i bawled my eyes out tonight when saying goodnight prayers with DS... tomorrow night he stays at my sister's house b/c my c/s is so early on Monday... so tonight was my last time saying prayers with him before bed- with his world as he knows it....

i'm so sad that he won't understand the changes about to happen- that he's too young to explain things to.... and yeah- that he's such a big boy- and i know how fast this went with him- it's giong to fly by with the twins- and then suddenly all 3 of my boys will be in college and i'll say "wtf???? when did that happen?"

• I have been really emotional about all of this too.  DD had her last day of kindergarten yesterday so I was all "oh my baby is getting so big...."  Then today she folded laundry with me, and I didn't have to ask her to put her clothes away afterwards, she just did it!  She isn't worried about the changes that will happen to her after the baby comes, but she is worried that her "brother" our dog Tucker will feel left out because we will all be cuddling and he won't be able to. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I am an emotional mess over this same thing!

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • I have had those moments but they were more in the beginning of the pregnancy. I would look at DS and cry and say things like, "Remember how much mommy loves you and you will always be my first baby...." as if he was worried about that. LOL. I was terrified of it not just being him.

Now, I've adjusted more and am really thrilled to see my boys together and see DS as a big brother. He's grown so much just during this pregnancy. I am so proud of him!

But, being pregnant again often reminds me of being pregnant with him. And I just can't believe how fast time has gone by. The fact that I can honestly say, "This kid is not even here yet and yet now I KNOW just how quickly he will be THREE." And DS will be SIX.... Aaaahhh!!!!!!  Crying

• I feel the same way. I got a little depressed when I first got pg. I realized that DS's days were numbered and I was already missing the special time we would have together once DD got here. DS is such a cool kid and it's hard to imagine having to share my attentions with another child. I know I will love DD just as much but I keep thinking to myself that DD has big shoes to fill. I think DS will love having a sister. It will be even more fun once DD gets old enough to play with DS. They will be 21 months apart and I hope they will be close.
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • YES!!!!  I'm so afraid I'm going to miss my baby boy.  There are so many emotions right now, I keep wanting to blog about it, but I just can't get them into words just yet. 
    my blog: mama quiere beso
    Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"