1st Trimester

Bleeding

I'm so scared right now.  Started bleeding a couple hours ago.  It's bright red, and I saw one clot.  No cramps or pain, just blood.  Not heavy, but not light.  My OB told me to go in first thing Monday AM for an ultrasound and HCG level check.  I'm going to stay in bed all weekend. I realize chances are miscarriage, but I'm curious: any of you been through it and came out ok? 

Re: Bleeding

• I passed a large clot in a gush of red blood a week ago (almost to the minute, actually), and baby was just fine.  So far as we know, things are still fine, no further bleeding.

Staying in bed and resting is the best thing you can do right now.  Best wishes.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• I'm sorry - I know it's scary. A lot of women bleed and have perfectly healthy babies though! And if you are really really worried I'd go to the ER - they can order a u/s and make sure everything looks like it should so far. Granted the u/s probably won't show much at 5wks.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been spotting/bleeding for three days now.  Today was the heaviest by far, with a lot of red mixed in.

Good luck.  Definitely take it easy.  You are in my thoughts that everything is going to be okay.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • i had the same thing last week. I was told that clots are ok, take it EASY. I was on bedrest all week bleeding lasted about 3 days. It was pretty heavy at first and scared me. I went to the ER the night it started. 

Good luck 

• The bad news: ?There is nothing that can really be done if you are going to miscarry. ?Doctors cannot stop it from happening anymore than you can. ?

The good news: ?Pregnant women bleed and come out of it fine. ?

Check with your doctor as instructed. ?If the bleeding gets worse, go to the emergency room. ??

Due 10/7/18
    DS 1- 2010, DS 2- 2013
  • I have bled with all 4 of my pregnancies, including the one I lost. I've had brown spotting for 2w with this pregnancy and bled red last week- everything is fine thus far. With my oldest son, I had a ton of bleeding and a ton of clots and was totally sure that I had lost the baby- but he's downstairs right now with his friend calling girls! And with my 1 yr old, I had bright red bleeding for two days and then it just went away. It's definitely possible that all is fine.
  • Thanks, everybody, for your support and words of encouragement.  I'll be in bed with my feet up until Monday morning, when I can see my Doctor.  In the meantime, I'll be preparing for the worst, but hoping and praying for the best.  If any other readers who have similar experiences come across this post, I'd love to hear your story, and will be checking back through the evening.  Thanks again, girls.  You are also in my thoughts and prayers!
  • I also had bright red blood with my son.  He is now 2 & 1/2, running through the house and tearing it apart!!!!!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Keep us posted.

• kellmokellmo member
    I also bled red blood and have had brown spotting for weeks now. I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma. That was the reason for me. I thought I was having a m/c twice but all is well thus far. OB said not to worry and that it should clear up on it's own. If I were you I'd go to the ER. I wouldn't be able to wait!! I went to the ER when this first started because it was a saturday and then I saw my OB on monday. Good luck !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"