1st Trimester

Tired?

Anyone having days where they feel really tired, can hardly get out of bed!  Today was that kind of day for me!  They say it is normal, just wondering what you did to get past it or when it will pass????

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Re: Tired?

• There are definitely some days when I am more tired than others.  Today wasn't so bad.  Of course, I will probably crash and burn around 9:00 though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • I've felt that way all of 1st tri.  They say the energy level goes back up in second tri.  Here's to hoping!
  • Loading the player...
  • I got really tired, and what I did was cut out all of the 'extra' activities that I did ... like I don't volunteer as much as I used to ... don't run extra errands (I ask DH to do the errands now) ... and just let myself rest as much as possible/whenever I feel tired.  (Even at work if I need to.)  I seem to be rested enough to make it through the work day, and do what I need to do ... but if I didn't cut back, I'd be exhausted.
  • Thanks, its nice to know I'm not crazy!  I went through IVF, so my first US is Monday to find out how many embryos I have in there!  Hopefully just one healthy baby!

• Yup, me too! I think mine may be related to the fact that my m/s is so bad I'm not keeping many calories down. And then when I take the nausea meds they make me tired so it's kind of lose-lose. Oh and the prometrium adds to the fatigue according to my doctor - not sure if your RE put you on that but if so that may be part of it. I am just holding out for 2nd tri!
  • Definitely have days of total tiredness, especially when insomnia strikes the night before.  But honestly, for me, it really got worse around 8 weeks and in the last few days.  I have literally been going to bed between 8 and 9 the last few days - but man . . . I've felt so much better in general the last two days with the extra sleep.  Nausea is much easier to control when I'm rested apparently. 

Just do your best to rest up and sleep as much as possible.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• The few weeks of pregnancy were really rough on me. ?I work full-time, and life doesn't slow down just because your pregnant. ?I would practically fall asleep in the car on the way home from work even before I knew I was pregnant. ?It passes with time. ?As does morning sickness.
    Due 10/7/18
    DS 1- 2010, DS 2- 2013
  • I am having one of those days today and it seems so much more difficult when DH is at work and I am here with a toddler...as soon as he gets home I am having a Calgon moment....here's to hoping I don't fall asleep in the tub Smile
  • I'm in bed every night by 7:30 and don't want to get up when my alarm goes off.  I took a little nap today so maybe I can make it til 8:30.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep especially at 6 weeks. I am starting to get my energy back but I did take a 2 hour nap on the couch today.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker
  • I dont have a problem getting out of bed, I find that I just suddenly get extremely tired during the day. I could be preparing food and get so tired that I need to sleep right there and then.
  • I seem to be fine getting up in the morning, but often find myself needing to go or want to go back to bed within a couple hours.  I rest as much as I can but its hard with a FT job and other responsibilities.  Barely keeping my eyes open right now and 8pm, gonna gve in soon and go to sleep!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was just saying to my sister that I feel great except that I am tired ALL the time! So much in fact that I couldn't muster up the energy to go to my nieces recital tonight an hour away! They don't know that I am pregnant, hope they don't miss me too much! I honestly thought I just missed my huge cup of coffee each morning, but its good to know others feel the same way! Everyone says its the first and third trimesters that make you tired...can't wait for the 2nd then! Sleep
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"