3rd Trimester

Are you going to treat yourself

I've seen several posts on here about push presents, which prior to the bump I didnn't know what they were. But, are there any ladies who are going to do something special for themselves after 9 long months of pregnancy?

Re: Are you going to treat yourself

• The closest I'm coming is finishing my degree.  I was planning on going back to work, but DH suggested I stay home with LO and finish college.  Luckily most of the classes I need, I can do online.
  • I used to swim on a team when I was a teenager.  Well, FI and I have saved enough money so I can join an adult swim team next year.  I'm very excited.  It'll be my "me" time when LO is here.

Besides that, I'm going to treat myself to a bottle of my favorite wine. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • No, I've managed to treat myself many times along the way. ?;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At the moment, I'm going to treat myself before LO comes by getting a massage and pedicure.  I might treat myself to a mini shopping spree once I head back to work depending on what size I am then for clothes. 
  • No, and I've told my husband that I don't want our money spent on that!

I am treating myself next week by getting an eyebrow wax, pedicure at a spa ($40 instead of the $25 cheapie one), and my hair cut and styled to get ready for an out of town wedding. I also told him that I don't want him to spend the money, but if anyone is asking what I want for my b-day in July, it's just cash or gift cards to treat myself to a massage before and/or after birth!

I figure, we're investing in a camcorder and new camera, and I'd rather have a "family push present" that will give us years of enjoyment than some sparkly thing that only I will enjoy!

Um, yeah. The Bump be too crazy for pics of my kid.
  • Having a glass of wine!
  • imagemlh21:
    Having a glass of wine!

A VERY EXPENSIVE BOTTLE OF WINE!?

• imagemlh21:
    Having a glass of wine!

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Sharing a nice bottle of wine with my husband.

• A serious cocktail

as well as buying myself some nice bubble bath so that I can sit in a HOT HOT HOT tub and enjoy

• I'm doing Botox and getting a boob job.  Sorry if that sounds superficial-I was a size A pp and DH and I have agreed that after surviving pregnancy I should have the body I want.  This way I can diet off the pregnancy weight without worrying about looking like a 12 year old boy when my bb's shrink again, too.  (I obviously won't be doing this until after I finish bf'ing LO).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"