TTC after 35

Anyone with fibromyalgia?

Hi! I am new to this board and am wondering if any others TTC are dealing with fibromyalgia. I am on Cymbalta, which has me nervous, and have decided with my OB/GYN to stay on it until the third trimester (then switch to Wellbutrin). Cymbalta really makes a difference in my pain level.Also am struggling with managing pain levels to coincide with ovulation days. I'm not sure exactly when I ovulate, so we *try* on days 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, and 22. Well, ideally. But often we miss some of those days b/c of back pain.Any advice??
Loving being a mom after all these years.

Re: Anyone with fibromyalgia?

• Sorry I'm just now responding. I also don't have any advice for you, but I wanted to respond and say welcome and I hope you find some answers. Are you able to chart your basal body temps?
  • Hi!  I just had an examine with a rheumatologist because my podiatrist thinks I have fibromyalgia.  (I have had three foot surgeries and still have a lot of pain.)  The rheumatologist doesn't think I have it because my pain is centered in my feet, but he is running some blood tests.  His diagnosis is that I have hypermobility syndrome (over-extended joints which make my soft tissues pull and hurt) which is affecting my feet primarily.  It is related to fibromyalgia but, hopefully, not as severe, at least for me.

ANYWAY, I don't really have any advice, but I can say that if your back, and the rest of you, hurts as bad as my feet, I can only imagine how much pain you are in!  Have your doctors given you any TTC or pregnancy advice?  Also, I think I have read a bit about fibromyalgia on the GP board (among the young girls :) ).  You might ask them.

Welcome and good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"