2nd Trimester

I am going to have a large child.

I was 9 1/2 lbs. Both of my brothers were over 10 lbs.  Nate was 9 lbs.

Harrison, it is your destiny to fullfill the giant quota of the land.

Re: I am going to have a large child.

• Yep, I'd say you have a good chance! Good luck with that Smile

Both DH and I were on the smaller side, so I bet our son will be little too (making our basketball fantasties even less likely, LOL!)

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I too plan to birth a large baby.  I was 9 lbs 8 oz.  DH was 10 lbs.

::cheers for big healthy babies::

• Loading the player...
  • LOL my DD was 9.3 -2 days after edd and my DS was 8.3 -2 weeks early, welcome to the club. :)
  • Ahhh, big baby!

I am praying that since DH and I were both right around 7 lbs that our little guy is in that weight range.

• May the force be with you Miss Blair ::said in best Darota voice:::
  • I embrace this & surrender my vagina to the Powers of Giant Children.
  • I am so afraid of that!  I wasn't a big baby, but DH and his sisters were all over 9 lbs.  Plus, not to be mean, his family is filled with big heads!!  So I've been getting teased about squeezing a ginormous head out!

• I was only 6 lbs but DH was 9..he's huge now to and comes from a big Hawaiian family. I am scared.
    MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBlairWaldorf:
    I embrace this & surrender my vagina to the Powers of Giant Children.

I shouldn't poke fun...Look at these stats:

Little Brother 1 - 10lbs 9oz, 22inches long

Little Brother 2 - 11lbs, 23 inches long

Mr.Bro - 9lbs 9oz, 22.5 inches.

Mrs.Bro - a slim and trim 7lbs 7oz, 20 inches.

• Welcome to the mama's who birth big babies club!

Leanna (4 years old) 3 weeks early = 8 lbs 14 oz.

Hudson ((2 years old) 2.5 weeks early = 9lbs 4 oz. (33 stitches!)

Yeah I grow 'em big!

*Shay*

• imageMrsBro6116:

imageBlairWaldorf:

Mrs.Bro's Vagina has finally met it's match.

It never even occurred to me that I might birth a wee child.  If I had a 7 pounder, I would laugh.  In all seriousness.

• I'm scared I'm going to need a c-sec.  My mom had one because my brother's head was too big AND DH's mom had one because his head was too big.  Oh great, more big heads in the family, just what we need :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBlairWaldorf:
    imageMrsBro6116:

imageBlairWaldorf:

Mrs.Bro's Vagina has finally met it's match.

It never even occurred to me that I might birth a wee child.  If I had a 7 pounder, I would laugh.  In all seriousness.

Seriously. I just pretend that I'm going to have a nice small babe. Even after the doctors tell me that he seems to be longer than average Zip it!

• Welcome to the team!  I was 10lbs 2oz, my sis was 10lbs 10oz, my son was 11lbs and my daughter was 9lbs 14oz...she was the first baby under 10lbs in my moms family in three generations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm expecting a big one too--with a gigantic head. Both DH and I have huge heads. Oh well.

• Me, too.  He's already measuring big.  My OB told me I won't be delivering a 7 or 8 pounder..... Eeek.
  • I am so sorry for you!!  That is going to be rough!  If it helps any, my neigbor just had her DS and he was 9lbs, 10oz, 22.5 inches long.  She had him vaginally, with an epi.  You can do it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I thought the same thing!  Even the OB swore that DS was a bigger baby, over 9 lbs.  During labor and delivery they even cut me preparing to make room for a baby over 9 lbs.  Imagine my surprise when DS wasn't even 7 lbs.  Grrr....

He's huge now, so I guess he's making up for it.  LOL. 

• oh boy, that's one thing I'm worried about!  But, I think our chances are ok on having an itty bitty.  I was 5lbs 7oz, but I don't know what DH was. I'll ask his mom tonight so I know what to prepare for!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefreshmaker05:
    I am so sorry for you!!  That is going to be rough!  If it helps any, my neigbor just had her DS and he was 9lbs, 10oz, 22.5 inches long.  She had him vaginally, with an epi.  You can do it!

I ain't skeered.

Mama Waldorf delivered both the boys vaginally without an epi!  She is a soldier.

She had me out in 3 pushes.  Not even a lie.

• I was under 7lbs at birth and yet my son was 10lb 5oz.  My daughter was 7lb but she was two weeks early too.  I'm going to guess this little girl is going to be in the 8lb range...can't wait to find out!

• Ouch. Harrison (LOVE that name, BTW) is going to burninate your vag..
  • DH and I were both small-average, but everyone swears our baby will be huge since DH is 6'2" now. Oh well, I guess we'll see!
  • imageannibes:
    Ouch. Harrison (LOVE that name, BTW) is going to burninate your vag..

LMAO.  I am so tempted to put that in my siggy.

and thanks!!  we love the name, too!

• FWIW--big babies sleep better!

Mine were 10lbs3oz, 9lbs8oz and 9lbs11oz and #1 and #3 slept from about 4 weeks on.  #2...well she was colicky but she slept great from 6 months on.

• I thought the same thing with DD. I was 10lbs 7oz, DH was 9lbs 11oz but DD was on 7lbs lloz.  You never can tell I guess.
  • I was told that if you average the mother and father's birth weigth, you get your childs.  Well, I was 7 lbs 1/2 oz, and my husband was 6 lbs 7 oz.  Our daugther was right on time, and was 7 lbs 8 oz!  I guess it's just an old wive's tale.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"