Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Has your DC ever made it 1 whole day w/out crying?

I was just wondering if this actually happens....an infant, under 1 year, going an entire day w/out crying 1 single time. 

DD is in a GREAT mood today but she has still cried 2x, once in the car and once b/c I was to slow getting her bottle ready.  She can be quite a fussy baby normally, or as my MIL says....."she's knows what she wants when she wants it and will scream until she gets it."

So for me the fact that DD has only cried 2x today is wonderful and it's making my day even better:)

Re: Has your DC ever made it 1 whole day w/out crying?

• Don't hate... but C could probably go a week without crying. ?He just whines when he's hungry. ?It is rare that he ever cries.
  • imagemegs042107:
    Don't hate... but C could probably go a week without crying.  He just whines when he's hungry.  It is rare that he ever cries.

i'm trying hard not to hate right now, but hatehatehate.

• Loading the player...
  • imagemegs042107:
    Don't hate... but C could probably go a week without crying.  He just whines when he's hungry.  It is rare that he ever cries.

same here.  My ds gets slap happy when he's tired and talks to let us know he's awake.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS rarely cried at all for months.  He only recently started crying on a regular basis.  He cries hardest when he hurts himself (as a newly mobile person is wont to do) and cries in a totally pitiful way when we won't let him have the swiffer.  Both of those things are new though. 
  • DD has gone multiple days in a row without crying.  She rarely cries.  She will rub her eyes when she's sleepy and I put her right down.  She smacks her lips when she's hungry or goes "mmmmmm".  If she's bored or wet she yells, no crying.  I swear it sounds like "hey!!"

She got her 6 month shots yesterday so yesterday and today have been a different story.  Fussy baby city!

• Yes.  She's really good, unless she's sick or very frustrated trying to do something. 

She will sometimes whine to let us know she's had enough, or is awake, tired, hungry, etc., but rarely full-out cries.  Sometimes she just "talks" when she wakes up in the morning.  Cracks me up.  I go in her room, see her playing in her crib, and half-expect her to say, "oh!  hi there!".  

• I never really thought about it, but probably. She mostly whines when she wants something. I guess maybe it makes up for the incesant colicky crying the first couple months.
  • my kids barely ever cry, so yes, definitely!
  • yea mine rarely cries though he is teething and fussy atm
  • DD usually whines. She'll cry if she hurts herself ..things like that
  • adri77adri77 member

Babies do the majority of their communication through crying......honestly, I'd be worried if he DIDN'T cry.  Not that he does cry a lot, he mostly whines/fusses, but I do consider that a type of crying.  He full blown cries if I don't respond to him immediately, which happens often, being home alone all of the time with him and my 2.5 year old. 

But jeez, would I be THRILLED if my 2.5 year old could go HALF a day without crying or whining!!!!!

• Nope...he cries all the time...mostly fake crying.  He only cries for real if we step out of sight or when we're putting him down for a nap.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"