3rd Trimester

If you have a belly button piercing

Is yours still in?

I had bought a longer pg bar to wear but my belly button is starting to get flatter so I don't know if I should just take it out and be done with it....

Re: If you have a belly button piercing

• took mine out
  • C.MoC.Mo member
    I just took mine out. I was tired of worrying about it lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine got really red and I figured it was time to take out jewelry a long time ago. It looks aweful, really does. Besides being stretched it alos has dark line running throught it. I hope it looks better afterwards !!!! Also my belly is so round, even soft plastic jewelry would be catching on slothes and hurting like @Q#%@#%

babies

• *sniffle* took mine out...and so not happy about it...but I used a pg bar, and a long straight bar, and it finally got to a point where it KILLED to touch...and then the jewelry scarred me from digging in....niiiice...
  • Mine has been out for over 2 years, but I still got that nasty red stretchmark in between the two holes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I switched to the 'maternity' belly button ring (it was a post actually) last week and realized after four days that I was allergic to the acrylic material it was made out of (my MW told me to get a clear plastic one to ensure it wouldn?t have to be removed if I needed a CS).  I wasn't having problems with my steel bar before I switched, but now that it's infected I'm not going to put anymore jewelry in until after baby. I don't think it'll close...?
  • I took mine out with my first pregnancy.  I now have a huge hole in my stomach... wish I never got it in the first place!
  • Mine's out
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageC.Mo:
    I was tired of worrying about it lol.

this.. took mine out when i started showing

• I took mine out around 18w b/c my belly button popped and it looked awful, but now i have a nice stretch mark between the holes, but my ring still goes in.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't have one anymore, I did years ago.  I do have a friend that had her's in when pg, and tried to leave it the whole time, she actually ended up having the skin over it stretch so thin that it ended up coming out on its own-stretched the skin too much and it just gave in.
  • My belly is pierced twice. I just took it out about 2 weeks ago.
  • I took mine out too. I was tired of it anyway.
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I took mine out about a week ago. It kept getting caught on shirts and I got tired of it hurting
  • imageMrs.Foreste:
    Mine has been out for over 2 years, but I still got that nasty red stretchmark in between the two holes!

I did too and mine's been out for 6 years!

• I took mine out around 23 weeks.  I almost went to the fire station to get it cut out (I had never taken it out before in 12 years), but I was able to get it out myself.
    Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
  • I took mine out years ago and it still streched funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • took mine out but it is still open...doubt i will ever show it again though...stretch marks on the hole and all below my belly button...Crying
  • I took mine out as soon as i found out i was pg...

but it left an awful ugly scar

• I took mine out... and it got closed Sad
  • imageMrs.Foreste:
    Mine has been out for over 2 years, but I still got that nasty red stretchmark in between the two holes!

This.  My only stretch mark so far is right between the piercing hole and my belly button.  I guess if I was gonna get one anywhere, though, that's an ok place for it to be.  It's small and contained. 

• I took mine out the night we got our BFP. 
  • I still have mine!  Am I the only one?  Belly button is flat but DH found a bar that was specifically for pregnancy but was longer than the other one I had.  Works just fine.  
  • Mine has been out since I found out I was pregnant. Now it's like this awful red stretch mark. The only stretch mark that I have....Makes me wish I never pierced it at 15. Oh well.
  • Also is the only (new, lol) stretch mark I've gotten (above the top hole area going in 2 little vertical lines-- DH says it looks like the playboy bunny, oh JOY) even though my piercing has been out for many years.
  • I took mine out in the beginning. The hole closed really fast. I don't have any stretch marks (yet) though. 
  • Took mine out at about 20 weeks, it kept catching on things. Made me sad, my best friend and I got them together on our 18th bday *sniff*

• I'm typically a lurker.. but I wanted to add..

I wore a belly ring with DD #1 until 4 months pregnant.  And luckily... the holes never closed.  After the pregnancy was over, I slid a ring right back in.  I'm nearing 37 weeks (this time around) and holes are still open. 

• I am 27 weeks 6 days, I still have mine, I have a pregnancy one, it's longer, and flexible!  I have no problems with it so far.  I had to take mine out in November when I donated bone marrow to my mom and my belly looked so strange without it.  I love mine and hope I still have it on my 80 year old saggy wrinkly belly LOL!
  • ctanactana member

imageMaineGirl2008:
    I took mine out with my first pregnancy.  I now have a huge hole in my stomach... wish I never got it in the first place!

I took mine out two years ago.   This is my first pregnancy but my belly button piercing hole is huge as well and I really regret ever having done it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • steverstever member
    Took it out @ 32 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"