1st Trimester

Called in sick today... M/S has kicked in! :(

I thought I was going to be lucky and not get M/S during this pregnancy.  WRONG!  It has kicked in big time.  It's so bad that I called in sick to work today. 

What tips do you guys have for taming M/S?  Ick!

TIA!!!

Re: Called in sick today... M/S has kicked in! :(

• Sprite helps, because I always feel like I need to burp and it makes me burp.  Also, saltine crackers and peppermints.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sour candy helped me...i.e. jolly ranchers and preggie pop drops. I would also recommend eating something small every two hours.  My M/S was horrible when I let myself get hungry.
  • Loading the player...
  • ZOFRAN!  Get a prescription for it ... it's totally safe, and I think it has saved my career because I've had morning sickness so bad.  If you don't want to take drugs, there's an OTC supplement called "Mommy's Bliss Morning Sickness Magic" at Whole Foods ... but you have to take up to 4 of them a day, and they are kind of big capsules, and you have to be diligent about taking them.  But they work.  Vitamin water seems to work because it keeps me hydrated.  Cheerios worked for me early on .. but now I can't stand them.  (I've moved on to Corn Pops.)  The key about morning sickness is to eat small meals all day long ... like 1/2 sandwiches, small salads ... and make sure that you get protein.  Getting protein is key, especially 1st thing in the morning ... whether it's protein, milk, oatmeal, cereal/milk, egg.  I know that the thought of eating is nauseating in itself, but it will help you feel better.

I know how you are feeling, though ... I'm home at sick today, too.  (I left my zofran in my office overnight on Monday and I missed two doses, and I am paying for it now!)   Hopefully my morning sickness will be over soon ... I'm almost at the end of my 1st trimester, and I've been sick since week 6.  Ugh!  Good luck to you!

• What kind of sickness do you have. Right now I only have a small hungry feeling in my stomach.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"